šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-2 Classic

Hey, @M0N, how do you think the ta-20 stacks up against the dark voice? Kind of like the aesthetics of the ta-20 more.

I feel like it depends on the headphones tbh for which one you want to go with. Have you considered the massdrop Eddie current?

I did, itā€™s just I didnā€™t really want to buy used if I didnā€™t have to.

I think if you wanted to treat your ZMF the darkvoice with some nos tubes would be pretty nice, and if you wanted something for your phantom as well the TA-20 is pretty nice

1 Like

Does hybrid work better for planars? Is that why?

Yeah, with the darkvoice, I donā€™t think it would sound that great with a planar because of the high output impedance and how an otl typically does a better job at providing voltage instead of current. I think the zmf would sound more ā€œtubeyā€ on the darkvoice but it would also still sound pretty good on the ta-20. But you would want to go balanced with the ta-20

1 Like

Okay, guess that settles it. The plan is to get a Topping D70 to replace my D50, use rca out for the atom and xlr out for the dark voice. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Assuming you mean ta20? Or are you going to convert to single ended

Sorry, getting mixed up, guess I just need an rca splitter or something for the dark voice and can just keep the d50, forgot the dark voice was single ended. Is there a particular splitter you recommend for taking the output of a dac to two amps?

These do the job well

You could just get xlr to rca too

2 Likes

If I upgrade my dac maybe, but the D50 only has rca out. It works for now.

Sorry lol misread I though you already replaced your d50 with the d70

Well I just saw the thread on d90, probably wonā€™t get a d70 now ; p

1 Like

Spent last night listening to my ā€œnew to meā€ LCD-2. Itā€™s a 22016 model, so itā€™s fazored. The price was right and it was the logical next step for me as Iā€™d taken my M1060 as far as it could go in my modding.

The signature Iā€™d gotten on my M1060 is certainly similar to this in the way I had it set up, but there difference between the two is like looking at a dirty computer monitor versus looking at a screen thatā€™s just recently been meticulously cleaned. Thereā€™s just a lot more detail.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m here.

Iā€™m off work for the rest of the year starting the 20th, Iā€™ll be listening to a lot of music.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been eyeing the lcd2 variants for awhile now but havent followed pricing so Iā€™m curious what a fair price would be for a 2.2 non fazor? Also would it pair with the asgard 3 or would that need an upgrade as well?

Hmmmm. I would say around the 600-750 range if you can find one in a good condition

Okay nice so the price is rightā€¦ how about the a3 pairing?

Ah yeah forgot about that, that is a perfectly fine pairing with the a3, will work well, give it nice impact

1 Like

Just a heads up that Iā€™m selling my LCD-2C to fund an upgrade. U.S. only, free shipping $550. DM me if youā€™re interested.

3 Likes

Do you not like it, or just bored with it?