šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-2 Classic

Just want to fund an upgrade to LCD-X. I like the LCD-2C very much, but upgrade-itis has struck again. :wink:

3 Likes

Damn good price!

1 Like

Im curious on how these compare to something like focal clear. the both seem pretty similar

They are pretty different from my experience, both are going for pretty different sonic goals. The clear is more detailed, more neutral, imo has better spatial recreation and is a more accurate headphone. The lcd 2 classic is going to be wider, more impactful in the bass, darker and warmer, and also not as detailed with ok imaging. Both are great, but are for different use cases, not really that similar

1 Like

You guys might be interested in this: LCD-GX cable with microphone 50$ on the Audeze site right now.

Was watching a review for the Audeze LCD-GX and the cable made me curious.

1 Like

Out of curiosity is the LCD-X the natural progression from an LCD-2 or LCD-2 C in the Audeze ecosystem?

Iā€™m not sure if there is a ā€œconsensusā€, but the LCD-X, LCD-XC and LCD-3 all seem to be the logical next step for many.

My pair of 2C just showed up and I am ecstatic. Better than I imagined. Iā€™m am floored

7 Likes

What Amp are you going to use the with?

Itā€™s currently being run by a modi3+ and THX789.

2 Likes

If in the future you have the occasion try them in a hybrid amp.
Edit:. Itā€™s great.

1 Like

Funny you mention, I have a CTH, and will have a liquid platinum v soon. Iā€™m shocked at how they sound on an ā€œanalyticalā€ amp already. With a little tube funk they seem quite good as well.

Iā€™m feeling like this set of headphones has maybe ruined me. Iā€™ve not felt like this about a pair of headphones ever, the aeon 2 closed made me smile, but these are doing something to me inside that I canā€™t quite identify.

1 Like

Wait till you get the LP. Itā€™s amazing. Then you will see the difference in warmth, bass and soundstage. I bought recently both LP and RNHP and will sell my Thx.

5 Likes

Sounds like the problems I may have soon lol. Thought about the rnhp more than once

1 Like

One interesting fact about the Audeze LCD2 Classicā€™s is that it was supposed to be collaboration product between Drop and Audeze. Audeze LCD-2X. The headband perforations match the design of the Amps that Drop sells on their website. MSRP was supposed to be 600 USD. It was Dropā€™s idea to base the headband of the carbon headband that comes with the LCD-4. Same thing goes for the nylon cups and not including fazor elements. In the end Audeze took all the ideas and decided to sell the Audeze LCD2 Classics themself. Kinda scumy, but what else to expect from a Californian company.

1 Like

this isnā€™t necessary manā€¦ keep these kinds of comments to yourself in the future please.

9 Likes

Some early impressions of these while I have them on loan compared to the Edition XX:
I find the LC2C really good looking and the weight is not a big issue so far. I think the suspension strap must be doing its job.

Doesnā€™t sound as open as the XX (not that it is trying to be); moving your hands towards the outside of the cups donā€™t make as much of a sonic change as doing so does to the Edition XX. This is probably due to the foam backing that can be seen from the grills.

Also doesnā€™t sound as energetic as the Edition XX, probably due to the darker signature.

So far, I think between the two, I made a good decision buying the XX for my preferences, but my impressions have some more time to changeā€¦ That being said, had I bought the LCD2C, I donā€™t think I would have been disappointed

7 Likes

These are brilliant if you know how to mod them, out of the box they are not good at all.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What mods have you done, and what did it fix? Looks like maybe some perforated suedes from ZMF and a grill cover of some sort? I have the LCD-2F, but these are generally pretty well regarded, so Iā€™m intriguedā€¦