šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-2 Classic

Yes, those are Auteur Perforated Suede, they fixed the dark and muddy sound. Did full dampenings. Fazored. Replace some dust cover.

The 2B meant the modded opened back and then the closed chrome is the current.

I switched grills when I want different sound and isolation.

2 Likes

How does the full dampening effect the sound quality?

I took out those sound reflection, especially bass note. Those that crashes are gone. More clear sound.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot you can do to the easily accessible planars in the way of customization. You realize though that when you custom them youā€™re not longer talking about the original sound so they become an animal onto themselves.

Wonder how your mods would sound when compared to the closed version of those.

1 Like

Yeah true, once you mod and you hear better, is hard to turn back. Only way is up. Been modding it for sometime, pad roll, tuning. Well most important suits yourself. But tbh this 2C is very very capable and have extremely good improvement scaling. But ofcoz again, not everyone like to mod or able to. Best to enjoy what you can.

First impressions are positive, definitely more of a ā€œfullā€ sounding headphone than the Hifiman Ananda. Also much more comfortable and build quality is from another league.

And specific amp that pair really well with these? (under 500 )

Had most luck with the red Loxije tube with these so far. AudioGD R2R11 sounded okay too, Littledot mk1 sounded like shit on the otherhand :smiley:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s because itā€™s full tube and not a hybrid like the Loxie :+1:

I have this one. Sure seems to be a hybrid :smiley:

1 Like

Ah sorry mate my bad I read it as MKII :woozy_face:ā€¦reaches for more coffee lol.

2 Likes

Do you think these are worth it over the sundaras for metal music? Or should I save up a bit more and go for the ZMF Aeolus instead?

If you save up for an aeolus thatā€™d work. Iā€™d also recommend the hifiman edition x v2. Planar speed with some damn sexy bass / impact.

For the record, I would not touch the sundara for metal either. Eikons (closed aeolus pretty much) can do it, but they would not be my first choice.

3 Likes

Thats funny cause I really like my sundaras for metal. The edition v2 sounds like a really good upgrade. Iā€™ll definitely try looking around for a pair.

response not fast enough. Tonality is distinctly unengaging to me (compared to what I have now). Total lack of impact.

Again, in comparison to what Iā€™m currently rocking I wouldnā€™t touch the sundaras. With the adorama elegia sale for $429 those are more worth it. PM-50s Iā€™d use as well solely for the impact and speed.

Any other hybrid you would suggest for these? :slight_smile:

I use them with a Monoprice Liquid Platinum as suggested by M0N and very pleased.

4 Likes

Maybe a Cavalli Tube Hybrid?..Iā€™m sure one of our posse has tried that combo :man_shrugging:

Liquid Platinum is bit expensive but that Cavalli is quite cheap :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone tried pad rolling the LCD-2 (non C)? Are the OEM leather pads generally considered to the best option?

I have. My opinion is that the CTH is about 80% the amp the LP is. The LCD2c sounded great onā€¦ well everything honestly. I am in the process of trying to get a gold lion tube for my CTH. I think for the price itā€™s a complete steal

1 Like