šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-2 Classic

Interesting, Iā€™d not heard of this before and I wonā€™t dig too much into it since all I hear on my 2.2 is music. Is this a physical movement of the planar as your ear volume changes when you chew/open your mouth???

Itā€™s the pressure created by the seal causing the diaphragm to flex for the most part

2 Likes

Like M0N said, its the driver flexing because air pressure inside the cup. And in my case, it seems that the air pressure inside the cup changes when Iā€™m opening/closing my mouth and that causes the driver to crinkle.

Just incase someone want a brand new killer look.

First step into the world of Audeze moddingā€¦

10 Likes

So i did an attempt to put different pads on my LCD2C. Saw someone selling ZMF Eikon Suede pads and bought them. I thought they would be the same size and fit the 2C. I found out, they are smaller but i tried to get them on there nonetheless. Not the prettiest job, i admit :sweat_smile:
I wanted to try them because i often get this underwater feeling while wearing my LCD2C. Since i have decided that i want to keep them, i want to fix this issue.
The Suede pads da pretty good job on that, even tho they dont fit perfect. They are super comfortable and dont give me the underwater feeling. DonĀ“t know if there are any noticeable sound changes that i can hear, since i canĀ“t do a quick A/B test. I have already adjusted to it and it sounds fine. But it looks bad with the glue tape sticking out on the sides.
IĀ“ve seen dekoni sells suede pads aswell, are they any good? Or other ZMF Pads that fit them perfectly(@Martin_Soo) - you have auteuer pads, they seem to fit very well.
Dekoni is easier to get for me in germany i guess. I think i can order dekoni from the UK and ZMF would be an US import which would get it to be very expensive i believe ( and i would have to wait very long)

2 Likes

I do personally like the Dekoni suedes, but havenā€™t tried them on LCD-2C, only LCD-2 Fazor. They tend to make the signature a little more relaxed and warm, which the LCD-2C already is so it may take it too far in that direction depending on preference.

Trust me, go for Auteur Perforated Suedeā€¦they have the largest cavity among all pads is the world but not the deepestā€¦still audeze stocks are deepestā€¦but the comfort and sound is nothing like itā€¦best .and thank me later. hehe

1 Like

Thank you for the input
@FiCurious aswell

1 Like

Im just researching the ZMF Auteuer pads. I see that they have the same diameter as the Eikon pads that i have bought. IĀ“m searching for a place to buy them in europe but i have question. They seem to fit perfectly on your pics above. How did you attach them so perfectly fitting? How is that possible if the pad is smaller? It looks like crap in my own attempt ā€¦

They are not the same cavity size. Auteur have the largest cavity. But same diameter. Yes. Wellā€¦ they have the same pads diameter of Audeze. So they fit seamlessly. I requested the PSA Ring from Audeze. They have strong adhesive which also use on their stock pads. Is crazy expensive to buy a sheet and cut to rings, and since Audeze happily give freeā€¦ why not. Seems like your eikon pads is oval. Hmmmā€¦ weird angle from photo. But no worries. Trust me larger cavity give you much more breathable and airy high end sound. More room more spacious sounding. Dekoni have small cavity ofcoz they are more deep in comparison to ZMF. Because our drivers are largeā€¦ you wouldnā€™t want to block the output of the sound by the small cavity. Get the Auteur Perforated Suede. Perforated mustā€¦

Okay thank you. I just measured my pads and they are definetly 1cm smaller than advertised at ZMFs website. Maybe im measuring wrong. Maybe there was another revision of pads that were smaller or the ones ive gotten from the guy werent Eikon pads. Eikon and Auteur Pads should be the same diameter.

I believe the Oris are a smaller diameter.

Just looked it up on the zmf site and you are right. They are smaller. Maybe ive gotten Ori Pads instead of Eikons.

Thatā€™s should be the issue then. Get a new one then.

Not the easiest task since im in germany. Takes weeks and is expensive here but it is the only way I guess. Found a seller in europe but they donā€™t sell the perforated suedes, only the suedes

You canā€™t get them directly from ZMF? They donā€™t send to Germany? Iā€™m in Malaysia and they send though.

For sure I can, but would have been easier to find them somewhere in Europe so I donā€™t have to pay extra 30-40 bucks for customs and taxes

Would the LCD2 Classic be a good pairing with Schiit Modius/Asgard 3?

Disclaimer: I havenā€™t heard the pairing. However, the Asgard is one of those amps that just about everything sounds good on. Very hard to imagine this would go poorly.