🔶 Audeze LCD-X

This is the official thread for the Audeze LCD-X. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Over Ear
  • No Amp needed
  • Open Back

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

Z Reviews

Jeshua Valoor

2 Likes

Here is a review I did for Headphones.com regarding the LCD-X

2 Likes

I bought these based mostly on Zeos review and I couldn’t be happier!

1 Like

Well written review. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Thank you! It is a fun hobby to review headphones when I get the time…or headphones in for review

1 Like

Just found a used pair in excellent condition for $750. Jumped on that right away! Can’t wait until they get here.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I look forward to your feedback, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

I just got a pair of these headphones for mixing and mastering work that I do. Im surprised how much overlap there is between the audiophile and studio side of things. One of my favorite youtube/teachers/mastering engineers strongly recommended them as a great piece of “kit” to use and actually get work done on them. Thats coming from someone who listens to a $20,000+ focal setup to get his work done as a mastering engineer. He also says in the video, he uses the Audeze isine10’s for pleasure listening out and about.

2 Likes

I’ve seen recently that Audeze seems to be using the Harman curve. From the information that I’ve seen, it would make sense. Their analytical, but with warmth. And the speed of planar… so sweet. I really love them and I think I’ll be content for quite some time.

I did a brief review of the LCD-X paired with the Rupert Neve RNHP.

Now if I could just find the right set of closed backs… :thinking:

1 Like

I swear, after listening to a high-end open back, high-end closed backs don’t exist! Obviously they do, but the full sound representation with detailed layering and soundstage presentation is just unmatched in a really good open-back compared to a closed can.

1 Like

Agreed. And there are some closed backs that have made great advances. Not to open back level, but very good sound reproduction.

I’m in no hurry to find the right pair of closed back, in reality it’s just me rounding out my collection. I’ll just have to settle for the LCD-X for now. :blush:

If you like the LCD-X, have you tried the LCD-XC?

I haven’t. And I wouldn’t mind having a little diversity in sound. I want to try the HD 820. Apparently their a warmer signature of the 800. Not the same, but similar enough that they’re regarded as a variant of that highly regarded sound.

The special edition XC with alligator leather are interesting. I kind of like the bling.

1 Like

Focal Elegia, and Stelia are really good closed backs that come as close to their siblings as I’ve heard. Elegia - Clear, and Stelia - Utopia. The Stelia is very fun to listen to, but I’m not willing at this point to drop that amount of cash on a closed back. So I use the Elegia as my office closed backs.

1 Like

You’ve mentioned the Focal offerings before. I definitely need to give them a listen. Focal is known for quality sound.

Something I don’t like about Stellia’s Look, however. And I like some bling (those XC’s :point_up_2:t4:), but there’s something off about the design. For $3k I’d better love not just the sound, but look as well.
The Utopia’s are far better looking to my eyes.

1 Like

Yeah the Stelia is a unique one…but in person they do look better than all the pictures I’ve seen…but still not my color scheme, they do sound fantastic though!

https://sjc1.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/headphones/03c5a7863235197ede99918baab7f9c2397576f2

5 Likes

This is absolutely perfect. :+1:t4:

1 Like

I can’t tell if it’s a Buick, or an Oldsmobile but it sure looks better! :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t make it nor claim to it was a random Reddit grab awhile back and the user disappeared =( but yeah it is fantastic lol

1 Like

If anyone is looking for a LCD-X for sale, I have mine on AVExchange. I have an upgrade itch I need to scratch. These are as close to perfect of a headphone as I have found so far. https://www.reddit.com/r/AVexchange/comments/c98sgj/wtsusmn_audeze_lcdx_wbalanced_cable_800_shipped_w/

1 Like