šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-X

I think it was just a misunderstanding.

@Hazi59 said LCD-X are brighter than ā€œharman neutralā€. Thatā€™s a fact.
Objectively, they lack bass tooā€¦ again, according to the ā€œharman curveā€ thing.

Subjectively? Hah. As far as I know, nobody in this forum said ā€œMy preference is 100% harman neutralā€.

3 Likes

With the claim of driver variance which I do not know whether to be true or not but Iā€™m not opposed to believing it, I think it would be interesting to hear thoughts on this if anyone has, or ever will, hear multiple lcd-xs.

A lot (but certainly not all) of the variance issues that previously plagued Audeze have been rectified. The LCD-2 and LCD-3 prior to 2018ā€™s silent driver revision had a huge issue with manufacturer variation.

Also, Sankar has previously talked about how ear pad variations can result in slightly different sound (especially things like proper seal, distance to and from pinna and concha, etc).

2 Likes

I got my X today. The only other Audeze I have heard are the 2C. These are extremely different from the 2C. These render detail that give my focal clears a scare. They seem to go about it in a totally different way though. Iā€™ll update with more impressions as I continue to try them out. So far theyā€™re impressive

3 Likes

I got a used 2018 pair coming in wednesday. Cant wait to complete the chain and get things going

3 Likes

I figured Iā€™d cross-post here.

2 days earlier and you would of had a sale and i would of saved $100 and had the comfort of knowing i had a good pair. Ill take some solace knowing i got the audeze vegan pads with mine. GL with sale though.

1 Like

No worries. I hope youā€™re enjoying yours. Theyā€™re a great headphone. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Not here yet, then im going to wait for the rnhp, and bifrost to get in too. The bf2 may take the longest to find used or discounted. I want all the new upgrades to hit me at once and hope i wont need to change my pants after.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious with break in does the treble settle down? Iā€™m noticing on some tracks there is some resonance that I donā€™t get on my clears or a2c.

I also feel like they donā€™t have a fair shot right now on the 789. They donā€™t sound as sharp on the CTH and I suspect if I hooked up the asgard2 they would probably sound better on that than the thx.

Nopeā€¦the treble is why I sold my LCD-X. I felt the Clears did everything the LCD-X did, but much better.

Yeah, ugh, I feel kinda shitty returning the 2c because they couldnā€™t really render detail and now the maybe the x because itā€™s as capable as the clear just, brighter in some frequencies. But thatā€™s Audezeā€™s policy.

2 Likes

I love my LCD-X and I wonā€™t get ride of it. Hazi made me second guess the LCD-X as well but I donā€™t regret it. Granted, the LCD-X has a hard time competing with Diana Phiā€™s. Itā€™s either LCD-X or Diana because I donā€™t have anything else that resolves as well.

2 Likes

I understand. What amp do you like them best with?

BF2 -> RNHP -> LCD-X just sounds magical. While people complain about the treble, go ALL in with it and listen to The Avenerā€™s songs either Panama or Lost Boyā€™sā€¦ Youā€™ll hear things that I canā€™t even get out of my BF2 -> GS X mini -> Diana Phi.

To be fair, I used that same chain of BF2 to RNHP to LCD-X. I also tried it on my Tuba and the G111 and Soekrisā€¦and felt it sounded like a bright fatiguing pile of male bovine feces consistentlyā€¦we all hear differently.

Woah. I donā€™t think these sound bad. Thereā€™s just a bit more brightness in places that I notice on some tracks. My clears behave similarly but because they arenā€™t massive planars they bother me less when things get brights.

I think they are probably capable of more detail than my clears but I donā€™t think I really need more detail.

I really wanted a 2c with the detail of a $1000 headphone. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

after more listening tomorrow iā€™m curious as to what you might end up doing. whether you end up turning around and liking them more or sell them because the you end up preferring the clears. you could probably Eq the highs, see if that makes them worth

1 Like

They sound different today. Fml. Thicker body than the clears.

4 Likes

Itā€™s good to take a couple of days with a new headphone before you start to compare it with others you own. Our brains tend to acclimate and adjusts to sounds very well.

Generally I find that initial impressions arenā€™t too far off from dedicated time listening to the same headphone.

I hope you enjoy them. :+1:t4:

4 Likes