šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-X

Dude, who arenā€™t you finding fault with on this forum? I just went to look at the Deals thread and youā€™re fighting with people. I called my pair of Xā€™s neutral/warm, and thatā€™s what I hear. Period. I would call the Elegias Neutral and on the bright side. I made no denigrating inferences or aspersions to you, but you would like to be condescending for some reason. I donā€™t agree with you.

Edit: I have not talked to Resolve. But I have talked with Metal.

Lol. Ant has a history. Iā€™ve just recently got tired of people unilaterally deciding that their opinions are the end all be all (and that community response to their opinions doesnā€™t matter). You fit in that category pretty well right now. You didnā€™t just call them neutral warm, you took other peopleā€™s opinions to be incorrect instead of stating that what you heard was your personal opinion (which wouldā€™ve been fine). Then you proceeded to argue that the lcdx is OBJECTIVELY neutral warm, which is pretty bullshit. Reference literally any of the lcdx FR graphs.

Iā€™m fine with your categorization of the elegias. I donā€™t hear it the same way, but the way you stated your opinion makes sense and I can see how you hear them that way.

Dude, youā€™ve been high and mighty this whole time. Donā€™t throw that at me lol. Iā€™m just here trying to maintain civility and sound reasoning in the best way that I can.

I wouldā€™ve been happy with you just saying that you interpreted the LCDX as a more neutral headphone, but instead you turned it into an argument and tried to negate what other people hear lol. Iā€™m good with whatever you hear, but donā€™t intimate that your opinion is the end all be all.

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe I ever said my opinion was end all be all, but I guess yours is. Cheers man.

I really enjoy my LCD-X. Iā€™ve had them for about a year and a half, and I feel theyā€™re a neutral/neutral-bright headphone. I feel lucky in that my pair donā€™t seem to have (to my ears) the bass roll-off that was described earlier.

I think the biggest issue is driver variance, but generally speaking, the Xā€™s are on the bright side of Audezeā€™s house sound.

5 Likes

Well if you had said that or ever said that your opinion was an opinion (like everyone else on every thread seems to do consistently) we might not have interpreted it as a ā€˜fuck you iā€™m betterā€™ statement.

If that wasnā€™t the intention then fine. Sorry for being a dick. Just remember to always qualify what you say. This isnā€™t ASR. We donā€™t make irrefutable claims here.

My opinion is 110% not the be all end all. Iā€™m a relative noob. I, and others, take exception to people who show themselves thinking that they are the be all end all without good reason.

2 Likes

Yes letā€™s definitely not make this into ASR! I apologize to anybody that felt I was being a dick. I donā€™t hear them as bright, but agree that they could be called that compared to other Audezeā€™s, and I only have experience with the 2ā€™s and the 2Cā€™s. Iā€™m far from perfect, so cheers people.

6 Likes

:heart:

no harm no foul :stuck_out_tongue:

and hopefully vice versa

3 Likes

For sure man!

1 Like

I think it was just a misunderstanding.

@Hazi59 said LCD-X are brighter than ā€œharman neutralā€. Thatā€™s a fact.
Objectively, they lack bass tooā€¦ again, according to the ā€œharman curveā€ thing.

Subjectively? Hah. As far as I know, nobody in this forum said ā€œMy preference is 100% harman neutralā€.

3 Likes

With the claim of driver variance which I do not know whether to be true or not but Iā€™m not opposed to believing it, I think it would be interesting to hear thoughts on this if anyone has, or ever will, hear multiple lcd-xs.

A lot (but certainly not all) of the variance issues that previously plagued Audeze have been rectified. The LCD-2 and LCD-3 prior to 2018ā€™s silent driver revision had a huge issue with manufacturer variation.

Also, Sankar has previously talked about how ear pad variations can result in slightly different sound (especially things like proper seal, distance to and from pinna and concha, etc).

2 Likes

I got my X today. The only other Audeze I have heard are the 2C. These are extremely different from the 2C. These render detail that give my focal clears a scare. They seem to go about it in a totally different way though. Iā€™ll update with more impressions as I continue to try them out. So far theyā€™re impressive

3 Likes

I got a used 2018 pair coming in wednesday. Cant wait to complete the chain and get things going

3 Likes

I figured Iā€™d cross-post here.

2 days earlier and you would of had a sale and i would of saved $100 and had the comfort of knowing i had a good pair. Ill take some solace knowing i got the audeze vegan pads with mine. GL with sale though.

1 Like

No worries. I hope youā€™re enjoying yours. Theyā€™re a great headphone. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Not here yet, then im going to wait for the rnhp, and bifrost to get in too. The bf2 may take the longest to find used or discounted. I want all the new upgrades to hit me at once and hope i wont need to change my pants after.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious with break in does the treble settle down? Iā€™m noticing on some tracks there is some resonance that I donā€™t get on my clears or a2c.

I also feel like they donā€™t have a fair shot right now on the 789. They donā€™t sound as sharp on the CTH and I suspect if I hooked up the asgard2 they would probably sound better on that than the thx.

Nopeā€¦the treble is why I sold my LCD-X. I felt the Clears did everything the LCD-X did, but much better.

Yeah, ugh, I feel kinda shitty returning the 2c because they couldnā€™t really render detail and now the maybe the x because itā€™s as capable as the clear just, brighter in some frequencies. But thatā€™s Audezeā€™s policy.

2 Likes