đŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-X

Here is the link: LCD-X and XC Update | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

4 Likes

Thanks. I know this is a very laissez-faire forum but i didnt want to do the link

Just a heads up, I havent watched this yet but will soon:

Is anyone else annoyed by that “AUDEZE” stamp on the carbon cups of the LCD-XC? I know it shouldn’t matter that much, but for the money they are asking, I kinda wish we were able to get the clean wood cups (or even just a clean carbon cup). Heck, even an elegant version of their logo would be better.

1 Like

It looks pretty stupid imo, they should have either done no branding or a smaller non text logo

4 Likes

The stylized ^ they use on the 2C would’ve been better, imo.

I would like the audeze A or ^ logo as i think its very unique, good looking, ans brand identifying.

If i had an XC i would try to get the wood cups and use the ole wood working and burning skills to customize them

I was going to get a pair of the cups to copy and put on my regular X until i learned more than just the closed caps were the difference

1 Like

I messaged them about it yesterday and I got a response today (that was fast, +1 to Auzede Support).

Sadly they said that they have no plans to re-introduce the wood cups or to change the logo at this time, although they didn’t rule out making changes later down the road.

2 Likes

If youre handy you can maybe use the carbon cups as a template and make wooden replicas. I just dont know if there is anything on the inside that needs special attention or shaping or dampening.

I was thinking of redwood burls

1 Like

I am currently listening to “Ehrling - Sthlm Sunset” on a THX 888 with the newest revision of an LCD-X, and it is otherworldly
 There is a part 1 minute into the song that sounds like there is a tiny dwarf inside my ears doing rundhouse kicks to my eardrums once every 500ms.

6 Likes

Love that song.

1 Like

Thank you for this, great song.

1 Like

No prob, bob. If you enjoyed that one, you’ll probably like “All I Need” by the same artist as well.

3 Likes

If I wanted something that sounds like the XC, but weights 30-50% less, what would you recommend? Is there anything?

You might consider something like the Aeon 2 closed. Have only heard the Aeon Open X, but could see it being an option.

Got a reconditioned 2020 pair in yesterday. Not having any joy with them. Tried the free Reveal plugin and a few reviewers’ EQ settings. Never had a “wow”. Some electronic music sounds quite good, but nothing amazing. I struggle to compare it to the Arya because the X just seems so dull and boring in comparison. They’re less hit-and-miss with my library than the Arya, but the hits with the Arya were breathtaking. So far, I think I’d actually take a Sundara over this particular set (which I already tried and returned a while ago). I guess maybe I got a bad batch or something. I will give it a few more days, but I’m not hopeful.

I might see what a newer set is like in a store, once things properly open up again.

2 Likes

That was same impression with them. I’m not big into EQ but tried and still just was never happy with them. My Arya was head and shoulders above the pair I had imo.

Glad I’m not the only one!

I have heard that the closed version is not that great compared to the open version.
The same opinions are shared by the Aeon fans.
It just seems that a closed planar headphone sounds different than an open one.

Then I’m glad I bought the Lcd 2c straight away, as I’ve only recently seen the closed version at an attractive price.
But it will probably be history after the reviews that can be read.

Hey, can anyone with any full size classic Audeze (LCD-X, LCD-2, LCD-3) help me? I want to buy Audeze yoke parts for a Hifiman headband mod, but Audeze told me I need to actually own an Audeze with proof of purchase to get these certain yoke replacements. I was hoping someone on here would be able to order the yoke parts for me. I hope this is ok to ask on this forum, I apologize if it is not. Anyone who wants to help out, please PM me, thanks.