Audeze MM-100 coming soon?

Looks like the Audeze MM-500 had a one-nighter with the Maxwell, with this baby coming soon.

Color this Audeze enthusiast stoked! Hope this isn’t an April Fool’s joke.

6 Likes

Very interesting! My MM-500s are hands down my favorite headphone that Audeze has produced of the many I have tried. It’s a nicely balanced, detailed, and technically capable pair of headphones that I bought on a whim because I was offered the chance to purchase a demo pair from a dealer for $900 in excellent. They’re quite different from much of what I associate with Audeze from their other offerings. If they can capture a similarly balanced tuning profile in a scaled down, cost effective version Inwould be very impressed indeed. At $399 it could be an interesting alternative to the Sundara which currently is essentially only competing with other Hifiman offerings. I’ll be keeping an eye on this to see how they turn out. :+1::sunglasses:

Edit: BTW, thanks for bringing this to my/our attention. I hadn’t seen anything about it before your post.

2 Likes

Actually this headphone is probably the one I am most interested to hear… The maxwell seems interesting too but at 490g, that seems still a bit heavy… This mm-100 is only 375g! I like the sound of the lcd-x except that thing is way too crazy heavy!

1 Like

BTW, for anyone interested, I went ahead and pre-ordered the MM-100 so once I’ve had some time with them I’ll post my impressions and thoughts.

4 Likes

Yes, I am definitely curious. But I am Hell-bent for leather to get the 500. It would take quite the review for me personally to change trajectory. This will be interesting.

SO will you like hurry up and get home already. I mean geez… :rofl:

1 Like

LOL :rofl:

The MM-100s won’t even be shipping until June from what Audeze’s latest email update said so you’re gonna be waiting for a bit…:joy:

1 Like

The 500s were a standout pair of cans at CanJam for me, the price of admission is just a bit above my budget. So if the 100s can give a similar experience- I am In. Looking forward to your impressions, j :handshake:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to my impressions, too. Trust me! :wink: I’m very much hoping that the MM-100 adds another competitive planar set to the sub-$500 price category. If they don’t sound great, they look like they will at least offer an attractive and sturdy platform for modding and/or cannibalizing for DIY builds. Their frames/chassis look pretty darn nice and the drivers should offer a lot of potential. It would be nice to have another relatively affordable planar modding platform aside from the Fostex (I was just discussing this on the MM-100 thread on Head-Fi). That said, I would obviously prefer that Audeze nailed this one and they sound good OOTB. :crossed_fingers::sunglasses:

1 Like

Same ship here.

Definitely interested in these if Audeze can get 80 percent of the way to either the LCD-X 2021 or the MM-500 with this can, especially with better stock mids tuning than the LCD-X.

Reported weight of 375 grams already gets me excited. A HUGE trim from the 612-gram head barbells I own and love otherwise known as the LCD-X 2021.

I hope they turn out to be 375g, most Audezes are too heavy for me to even consider, but on the official product page it says Weight TBD.

1 Like

375 and 385 are the two numbers I’m seeing mentioned by some people who claim to be in the know. For reference, 375 is the stated weight of the Hifiman HE560 v1 which I have, find to be reasonably light, and can wear for as long as I like, literally. I have worn my HE560s for 12+ hours before with no problems.

1 Like

Ok, I also preordered these on headphones.com. :smile:

3 Likes

Bestbabyheadphones(dot)com? :joy:This has to be one of the lamest spam attempts I’ve seen.

Either that or I don’t get the joke.

Hey guys - anybody gotten their preordered MM100 yet? Its been a few months, thought it was supposed to ship in June - still no word?

1 Like

An Audeze rep posted this week in the Head-fi forums that the company still is awaiting parts from a supplier and that the headphones will be shipped as soon as those parts arrive. Probably early August, the rep said.

1 Like

Like @pk500 I heard early August to early September is the new estimated mailing window.

2 Likes

Their website says it’s now shipping, but it also states the next production run isn’t until October.

I have a pair that tracking info says should be showing up on Tuesday. I have no idea when they’re gonna have another run ready or have them in stock.

Edit: I should add that I pre-ordered mine. I already own and like the MM-500 so I was interested to see how the MM-100 would turn out.

3 Likes

Someone has posted an unboxing and first impressions video.

4 Likes

If my initial impressions of the MM-100s hold up over a week or two, these headphones will be getting resold. Thus far I find them to be something like a Hifiman HE-560 and Sundara cross, but without any musical charm, with an oddly flat and dynamically lacking presentation, and with a certain haze or veil in some areas that seems to blunt details. This far, these have been quite disappointing, but in keeping with my audition routine, I will spend a week or two trying different music, different signal chains, etc to make sure I really put them through their paces and give them a fair shake. As a fan of the MM-500s I can say the MM-100s are in no way similar.

6 Likes