Audio Deals (Sales only please)

Amazon US Loxjie p20 99.99-20=89.99
https://www.amazon.com/LOXJIE-Balance-Amplifier-Headphone-Power/dp/B07H5JLD2Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=darkvoice&qid=1574836228&sr=8-2&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=6ea571403b323109b5314a15e61bfbc1&language=en_US
Only good when run balanced according to z

This is a nice little hybrid tube amp. I used to have one, might pick it up again at the all-time low price.

It actually comes out to $63.99.

79.99 - 20% off coupon.

1 Like

is it true balanced?

I believe so, but I could be wrong

what is untrue balanced? :face_with_monocle:

also, while the red isnā€™t what Iā€™d prefer, thatā€™s a slick looking tube amp. if itā€™s as good as people are saying, how can this kinda thing be done at such a price? is it just a clone, so no R&D costs to recover or are we being hosed by everyone else?

So itā€™s kinda mediocre stock, but if you get some nice nos tubes in there itā€™s actually pretty great. Itā€™s not some modern marvel of engineering or anything, itā€™s just a well made amp at a good price. They did cheap out on the tubes tho

how much do good tubes cost? what are some examples of good tubes?

also does Loxjie have any winners on the DAC side of things?

I bought it and didnā€™t care for it at all. I then bought Russian tubes for it. Improved but still meh to me. For a little bit more than I paid for the amp and tubes I bought a used Vali 2, with extra tubes. Literally twice as good! At least it is to me.

They have alright dacs but nothing really stand out imo (but their pyramid dac and amp designs are something lol)

You can get good NOS matched tubes for like 30-50 bucks a pair depending on the tube (or less). Of course the more sought after tubes can go for like 500 bucks a matched pair or higher, but you obviously donā€™t need something like that.

Well the vali 2 is a hybrid tube amp so itā€™s not exactly apples to apples, but itā€™s good that you found one you like :+1:

The P20 is also a hybrid.

Sorry, my bad I was thinking it was a full tube amp for a sec lol. I donā€™t think you can find a good otl for under 100 usd new anyway

I have been convinced by all online sources that a full tube amp would do nothing for my Very efficient headphones and so I live with the hybrid.

Well I mean if you are happy with your vali I donā€™t see a need to upgrade lol, regardless of what people say

I was actually looking into the Lyr 3 and it was recommended for me to try a used Vali 2 to see if I would like the sound. I do and will likely get a Lyr 3 next year.

Now I will stop going off topic, I promise!

Audio-Technica ADX5000

2000 - 1 = 1999

Thanks Massdrop!

2 Likes

It does come with a balanced cable which I think is like 300 bucks extra, but they seem to be bstock and imo not a great deal. Thank you massdrop, very cool lol

Lol @ the 1$ sale for 2000$ headphones :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

They ā€œestimateā€ the % saving to be 50%ā€¦ Disclaimer - this estimation might not be accurate.

2 Likes