Audio Setup Upgrade - HD6XX, ATOM, D30

would the 990 600ohm be better than the dt 1990 for gaming?
i may go with the t1 mk2 as that has a good combo of both music and gaming, right?
keep in mind i listen to travis scott nirvana and lil uzi vert (lol) would the sound signature work for that type of music?

I would say personally I think the 1990 is a step up from the 990 for gaming performance

Yes, the t1 should make things very clear without hardness and also have good bass impact and handle it pretty well mid-range should also be pretty smooth and enjoyable, but you just might start to notice a bit more flaws in the production lol, as with any higher tier headphone. I think it’s much more suited for what you listen to than the 6xx

(also just wondering what do you think of luv vs the world 2, as I am kinda enjoying that of recent)

i hate Myron lol. i wear supreme and shit like that and this song ruins that whole aspect and makes me feel weird listening to that song. Eternal Atake’s “Prices” is prob the most slept song by far. P2 is a more chill version of xo tour life and it’s… more chill, i guess haha.
so… t1 mk2 is the way to go? and and the asgard 3/el amp II + enog pro 2?

2 Likes

I can agree with this lol

For your use case I would personally say so. If you go with the El amp ii, you might as well go for the El dac ii as well lol. Otherwise imo stick with the enog

To explain the differences of the Asgard 3 and the El amp ii. The Asgard 3 will have more impact and slam, with a slightly bit of a w signature, where the El amp ii will sound a bit more refined but also have a bit of extra smoothness in the treble that kinda sweetens it up a bit. Both are pretty dang great

Down the line you could also add a nice tube amp to change them up a bit too, so that would be cool

which would be your pref of the two?

Hmmm that’s a hard one, they are both great. For what you listen to I would say the a3 imo

You can add a DAC inside the Asgard 3 too I believe, for a change.

(Yup. True multibit or AK chipset. Nice.)

You can, but imo getting an external one will allow you to use a higher quality one imo

you mentioned tubes. watched a vid and this guy said that the t1.2 with the feliks audio “Echo” is amazing.

Yes, getting a tube amp down the line is a pretty great thing to consider (I wouldn’t get one right away as you would want to make sure you like the headphones first). The ehco is a more relaxed sounding tube amp and it’s pretty sweet, the t1 would also sound pretty great on a hagerman labs tuba, cayin ha-1a mk2, or perhaps a bottlehead crack + speedball

eh idk if i want to get into tubes really. is the 1990 better for gaming than the t1?

I would say so mainly only because it’s brighter and more forward treble wise, the t1 is a bit more tame treble wise. The 1990 also take well to a tube. The t1 def don’t need a tube amp to sound good, just something else they sound good on (like the 1990). Otherwise imo the t1 have just as good imaging and soundstage, but also a bit more detail too

okay. im still struggling on what amp/dac to pick with it. and does the black/silver version matter for the t1’s? on amazon they’re like $200 more?

I would go for the silver version if you can imo, the black version has less than ideal pads

Amp wise, I would seriously just say the asgard 3, power will be no issue, it won’t be overly harsh, and you will get a pretty satisfactory bass response will maintaining cleanliness imo. For the dac I think the enog 2 pro, el dac ii, or topping d50s would be great picks (any of them)

what dac would be “best”?

Well, I think for pure sound quality wise, the enog 2 pro for the cleanest sound, if you wanted something a bit more colored, the el dac ii but still relatively neutral, and if you wanted the features, the d50s

so t1.2 asgard 3 and enog 2 pro? what cables do i get?

So for cables, just something shorter, these are pretty great for an interconnect

how do those compare to “worlds best cables” lol

Not sure, never used the worlds best cables lol. I wouldn’t worry too much about cable quality as long as they are decent and don’t have issues until you have gotten into the many multi thousand dollar range for your setup imo and are entirely content with all other components. Just get a good high quality cable and you are good to go, no need to spend more for this type of setup imo