Audio Setup Upgrade - HD6XX, ATOM, D30

okay. what are some other options than the t1 if i may ask?

Well, there tends to be alot around the price range, still same use case?

yeah. travis scott, nirvana, lil uzi, carti, tame impala. competitive gamer.

also red hot chilli peppers.

Gotcha gotcha. Well, I think if you wanted something a bit more narrow but with great imaging and slam with excellent bass, the emu teak would be pretty dang sweet, also the campfire cascade in that range. I don’t think it would be as spatially accurate as the t1, but it would be more suited towards your music tastes, and still be pretty nice for gaming

The hifiman ananda is brighter and more airy, would be very nice headphones as well, they have a very large sounding presentation with lots of impact with good layering, pretty engaging. They don’t have the best imaging for the price though, but do still preform fairly well

The focal elex is pretty awesome for the price, light w sound signature, with great quick detail and intimate but also extensive soundstage with great spatial recreation for music, really nice stuff, but again might not preform as well in games as other options in the price range.

You can snag a used lcd 2 fazor in this price range, large sound, warmer, smoother, good impact, pretty decent imaging, but not ideal for competitive because of a 3 blob style imaging (good left front right imaging but fuzzy inbetween those ranges, the 6xx is like this too)

The aeon 2 open is pretty solid all around, just a more neutral refined headphone, but might be a bit boring sounding for some tracks and good but not excellent for gaming

1 Like

thank you for the reply. I cannot decide between the 1990 or T1. Or maybe even the 880 600 ohm? Ahhhhh!

So even though I like the 880 600 ohm alot, it’s not on the same tier of performance as the 1990 and t1, so personally I would eliminate it if you are looking for a higher tier of performance. Something you could do is grab the 880 600 ohm and run it on your current setup to see if you like the sound if you find yourself not wanting to take a large jump in price.

For what you are doing, I would say if you want to prioritize the gaming aspect, 1990. If you want a good balance, the t1 mk2

You def need to upgrade your stacks.esp with a headphone like DT1990
if you wanna sell your stacks pm me --,