Audio-Technica ATH-AWKT

I really enjoy the sound on this headphone. I been useing them for over a week now. I have my Eather CX and I love those but they are like the THX and are really pin point. I been playing around with different songs and this headphone is so dinamic. I wish I had a better amp and dac to push them more.

@M0N The first song on this vid. Dear God the headphones are spot on. The highs and lows and everything. Any other good tunes that will drive these… send it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its not any of the big guys but there is a pretty nice review here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-closed-back-headphone-thread-plus-audio-technica-flagship-comparison.939901/post-15809187

yeah might be a bad link, redid it

Bad link or?

Female vocals

Male vocals

EDM

Everyones fav meme

Pokemon because pokemon OST esp their remixes are sugoi

Should be enough for now I think

1 Like

Yes thats a great review. I am also always on that site as well. I am kelt0912 as well on there
:wink:

@M0N I love epic music,guns and the sounds of rounds on target… America coming in hot and heavy…SEALS… The helicopter 160th saying is…DEATH WAITS IN THE DARK…:wink:

Interesting read! I keep seeing the WP900’s around with attractive pricing around. Mmmm.

I am in shock that the THX 789 made the ATH-AWKT sound flat and my older CTH-SDAC and my AIRIST R2-R DAC made the headphones come to life. These headphones had to be engineered with a tube amp. It’s like night and day diff. The headphone screams now from the highs to the mids to the lowes. Like I can feel the base going into the floor from my feet on some songs.

How would you describe their soundstage? I only have two headphones from Audio-Technica, the ad700 and ad900x, and both of them have this tall and fun soundstage that don’t seem to get enough attention from people

AWKT has a s spherical soundstage that extends outside the cups and loops above the head and to the base of the jaw. I would say about average soundstage similar to the Art series but bigger than the AP2000ti.

1 Like

The sound stage is like what @llysender said. Ya Audio Technica headphones are kind of over looked. It’s like they need a new PR person to push the brand more.

Audio Technica is coming out with a new AMP and DAC soon. I want to see reviews on both. I only have seen both in a vid at a Audio Technica booth.

1 Like

Ackk. This thread is killing me. I passed on the AWKT and ordered the AWAS because of some reviews I read and the AWAS sound signature seemed much more to my tastes. The damned things have been on back-order since late July when I ordered them and I’m itching to get my hands on them now. Dang backorder status…:triumph:

Ya I was going to get the AWAS but went for the AWKT. Who you order your AWAS from?

I had many points and credit with Adorama and ordered mine from them the week they became available but they were a special order item anyway it seems.

I could not get credit with them but I did with American Musical. I like I can buy stuff and pay it off with 0% interest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just arrived today. Those are beautiful headphones. Cabel sucks tough. A bit bass shy from beginning but the more I listen the better they sound.

3 Likes

Show me your wood

Will take a picture as soon as I take them off my head. It might be a while lol

1 Like

@M0N did you have a chance to try awkt? Just asking if you had some preferences about chains. I am still trying them on what I currently have. From short session I like them more on mlp than on burson.