đź”· Audio-Technica ATH-M40x

Depends on which brainwavz. I had the hm5 lambskin. The zmf cowhides increased the sound stage and the sub bass is more noticeable. I agree with z the cowhides are the way to go.

1 Like

Why is there no official M50x thread tho :thinking:

It’s not really well liked over on this forum because of a certain someone lol.

1 Like

I mean sure but that’s what a thread is for: ppl talking about the headphone not necessarily only positively

So can we get an official M50x thread up in here ? :slight_smile:

Done

2 Likes

This is gonna be fun! and thank you! :slight_smile:

Ayyy I didn’t get scammed :smiley: Found these used for 38$, luckily I bought some pads in advance because the stock ones are crumbling off.

Pads are OEM from China, someone was selling locally for 7$, a little more expensive but didn’t have to wait. It’s basically a copy of angled Brainwavz, works well enough!

1 Like

Damn, that is a good deal when you bought those with that price and those are my first babies that I have ever owned and listened with delight when my dad persuaded me to buy the M40xs instead of the M50xs when I was just trying to get into the Hi-Fi world thanks to him. Nowadays, I miss my M40xs and that pic of yours reminds me of my pair that I modded with the similar ear pads and as well some new cable for it. My little brother accidentally broke my M40xs and therefore I still miss mine dearly today. Hope you take care of it much more.

1 Like

Saw these headphones years back and always wanted to try them, scrolling through some local trading forums and saw these for cheap.

Really enjoying the sound. These isolate really well.

If I ever go to a cold country I guess these would keep my ears warm as well.

Need to find a headband cover though, it’s peeling a little.

Yeah, though I wish the default pads in the first place were comfortable for me to wear them for a long time and I am one of those people when they are alone in a room or waiting for something, I always have cans or iems on my ear every time for I just love listening to music in general. And yeah the headband covers do flake and they are not that exactly well padded but it does the job done, though I wish the build of the M40xs were a bit durable for the reason why my M40xs are gone is because of the hinges being broken accidentally by little brother. Overall, still a lovely set of cans.

hallo should i get sheepskin hm5 angled or non angled ? because in my country i can’t find zmf cowhide.

and what the different between angled and non angled in term of sound?

thank you.

You should get angled

1 Like

thank you sir
and thank you for fast reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any thoughts on Prostock series pads on the M40x?

Highly recommend the East Brooklyn adaptor, with ZMF pads for the M40x’s. It’s a great “Bluetooth from TV in bed while your girlfriend is sleeping But can’t sleep without you in the room” thing

East Brooklyn Labs Bluetooth Adapter and Amplifier for Audio-Technica ATH M40x Professional Headphones from Wired to Wireless https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075MNL9VG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Zv88Eb6846SE4

2 Likes

they said that it was not very good though in the reviews

i just got the BTR5 in, and it totally destroys this, but i really liked the form factor and having it clip to the headphone, volume is just under what i like, it was perfect for my use case

Great headphones, been using them for the past couple of years, however the biggest point of failure I find is the hinge cracking. I nearly always remove the headphones from above the hinge save for once or twice, so I’m not sure if there’s anything else I’m doing wrong, or if it’s just simply a failure in the design on Audio-Technica’s part, but this is the second time I’ve encountered the problem in the past 4 years, and it looks like my I’ll be getting a third pair soon enough once it breaks.

Otherwise love them, great headphones.

Oh sweet, I didn’t even know they made a wireless adapter for these. As far as “ZMF” pads, which ones are you using?

I’m finding the default pads uncomfortable for my ears after a half hour, but I don’t want to return these since I like the way they sound. Are the pads you refer to similar in shape or say longer vertically like Jubilee HD58X (which I find to be the most comfortable pads for my head/ear shape)?