🔷 Audio-Technica ATH-M50x

not sureI see them on amazon so if you can order on there but if the m40x is available to you I would ge t that instead of the cb1

is the M40x better than the CB-1?

after a pad change yes. better built too

I personally think so, but I think the cb1 is more comfortable stock

I won’t change the pads, all stock, the biggest issue is if they fit my head, I don’t think they gonna be that uncomfortable pad wise since the pads are soft

The m40x is decent stock, but in the future you may want to consider a pad change

So the M40x and the DT 770 (hopefully they get cheaper) altho I am tempted to get the M50x just to potentially shit on them but I want a good headphone not a bad headphone hmhm.

Any other choices?

if you can find the 371’s for the price.
but There are many that love the m50’s you can still go for them regarless of the negativity surounfding them. if you can try them first go for it

I wish I could try them but there is no such thing in my city. The K371 and 361 will be sold by a retailer which I can buy from for cheaper (cuz if I get them from thomann shit’s expensive) so those could become a choice.

Edit: ye I’m defintiely getting the K361 or K371 if they become accessible price wise, they measure better than the M40X, M50x and the DT770

I mean if measurements are your thing…sure

1 Like

EQ your current headphones to match the K371 while you’re waiting. When I do that that I find the 3 kHz peak 'way too rolled off, creating what to me is a dull muddy sound. But of course could just what you’re looking for. Or perhaps you’ve already tried the Harman 2018 tuning and know you like it.

I did that with the M50X and the DT 770 sound, I was not a fan of what I heard for both cases

I don’t think it sounds as muddy in practice, but I can see it getting muddy sounding equing another headphone

The only thing that I’m worried about with the K361 and K371 is the air region (10-20k)

As can be seen here (K371) the air region is subdued with a big dip at 16k and in general is subdued

Idk how much that would bother me tho

Yeah, that I can somewhat agree with from personal listening, it’s not an airy headphone, but I don’t think its lacking when you get used to it

But like the FR from 10hz to 10khz is absolutely flawless (don’t mind that 6k dip almost every headphone has it on RTINGS graphs, cuz they use a different variant of harman)

Would you say the un-airyness is the same as the M50x? cuz that one has a big dip at 14k instead of 16k and also has kinda subdued air frequencies

I mean kinda but because of the presentation of the 50x being so forward it still sounds airier than the 371

not only arier but also much harsher

Interesting :thinking: