Audiophile Metal Music

I’d say Nevermore… (RIP Warrel Dane)
(And huh, youtube screwed up and put the wrong cover image, lol!)

Or Machine Head.

Last one from Machine Head is very well recorded… but… not their best, lol.
Worth it for the included DVD though!!!

Also:

Carcass is probably the most “brutal + well recorded” at the same time, heh.

Maybe Moonspell?

1 Like

Turns out Pantera’s Reinventing the Steel is pretty epic! These are some of the best metal drums I’ve heard

The source is a great album, i have it in 24bit/48khz and willing to share it (dropboxlink) if you are interested in the “full audiophile” experience.

My favorite metal album that i consider audiophile quality since it has a great tone range is Michael Romeo’s War of the worlds, Pt.1. I got it a 24bit/48khz and also able to share it to anyone through my dropbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZjiSEBOofw&list=PLf4SR-CWdmlLrOOeTTr-j8u0EUVEk8h7i

Anything from Andrew Hulshult is great.

This is a free remake of DOOM’s soundtrack he made.

Also the DOOM 2016 soundtrack is great.

I would consider this to be pretty well recorded metal music.

Here’s another one. I prefer Post-metal / Post-Hardcore / Sludge / Post-Rock / Black Metal influenced stuff to your more standard metal fare. Just comes off as heavier and more honest to me usually.

Isis - Wavering Radiant

3 Likes

Definetelly Nightwish, Devin Townsend, Tool

1 Like

Found this Russian band, The Morningside and I cannot stop listening to the song As A Pilgrim:

Spotify link

4 Likes

Absolute hi fidelity

…this is a joke btw
great fucking album though

1 Like

I really love the production of this. I wish there was a higher resolution version available than Spotify.

not that “metal” but still metal.
Kimberly’s voice and that bass guitar sound so good that this song can be posted in the Bass Gods Approved and Who are your favorite female vocalists:

3 Likes

Haken’s newest album has some top not production on it

as does Devin Townsend’s newest album

Also I have to shout out my favorite band Periphery. While their stuff is more on the compressed side, it still sound absolutely massive and clear. Just not super dynamic in parts.

1 Like

The Valley by Whitechapel is pretty well recorded. One of my favorite metal albums.

same, brilliant one

1 Like

I posted this elsewhere as I completely forgot that I had opened this topic.

I just realized that one of my favourite songs is ideal to test the clarity and “speed” of speakers, headphones, etc.

Just a warning though, it’s metal, black metal to be more precise, so, if you are not a fan, jump to min 2:57:

If you are curious how the drummer pulls it off, look here (from min 2:50)

2 Likes

Excellent drummer! :metal:
With a mask even lol, I would have passed out.

1 Like

Tesseract - Altered State sounds very nice:

4 Likes