šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

well, look to Hart Cables. :smiley:

Definitely. I plan to get a Hart cable. Iā€™ve been waiting to have a few that I need so I only have to pay shipping once, so Iā€™ll be ordering for the Nighthawk, HD6XX, and TYGR w/ detachable mod. I already have the interconnects, which are great.

Thought it would be cool to make a collaborative playlist on spotify. ā€œNighthawk Gangā€ I put some songs that i felt are done well with the hawks. Mainly focusing on the stage,imaging, and texture. Please feel free to add to it!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/39L8OoAeybs9aCVHaNiIf8?si=L5BVBPYcS1izUOEBfac9wA

1 Like

Donā€™t forget songs with fun bass and slam

1 Like

what are some examples of songs that have fun bass and slam?

Hereā€™s a good list:

that takes us to the bass thread, but no song specifically. which were you alluding to?

alsoā€¦there is quite a wide array of bass heavy songs in there, so Iā€™m sure not all can be said to have fun bass and slam. speaking of whichā€¦where would bass punch fit in between fun and slam? :wink:

[quote=ā€œMarzipan, post:1484, topic:73, full:trueā€]
that takes us to the bass thread, but no song specifically. which were you alluding to?

alsoā€¦there is quite a wide array of bass heavy songs in there, so Iā€™m sure not all can be said to have fun bass and slam. speaking of whichā€¦where would bass punch fit in between fun and s

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what you were trying to sayā€¦but something got lost in translation, LoL!

tough crowdā€¦ tron legacy end titles by daft punk, oh my darling donā€™t cry by run the jewels

These stock earpads are really comfortable :flushed:

1 Like

Some of my go 2 bass test tracks is Billie Eilish ā€œbury a friendā€ and ā€œxannyā€

Some tracks I enjoy for their bass:
Talos - Contra
Billie Eilish - ilomilo
Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
Justice - Genesis
Daft Punk - Doing it Right

7 Likes

thatā€™s an odd song. whoā€™s the artist? :wink:

1 Like

I know I mentioned this before, but Stro Elliotā€™s self titled album is great on hawks:

Some other great songs are:

2 Likes

Would it be worth upgrading the Zen DAC or adding an amp, considering European options? If so, how far up the chain would I have to go to get a good improvement? Curious about the G111, RHNP or Rebel as amps mainly. Or maybe a Liquid Spark would be a good enough improvement? What kinds of improvements would these make?

I would probably consider upgrading the DAC later, possibly to something Soekris release or maybe an Ares or some other Bifrost alternative.

1 Like

What sort of bass songs are you looking for? Fast electronic? Rap and Hip Hop? Soundtrack?

No exeperience personally on those mentioned amps with the hawks. Iā€™ve used the hip dac with the hawks however, and its fine. But I have noticed the hawks scale well with better amps. Iā€™m thinking rnhp might perform the best of the amps you mentioned. I think warmer sounding amps are too much for the hawks since they are already pretty dark sounding. For my amps, the hawks sound incredible on the questyle 800i, which does lean a little warm, but much more refined than something like the asgard3. The rebel amp could be a good option too. Hopefully more people can chime in with their hawk and amp pairings!

1 Like

How well does the NH respond to equalization? It could just be my Hiby r3 pro does not equalize well, but I feel the NH is very transparent. Badly recorded tracks sound bad and with equalization sound worse.

Iā€™m curious what someone with some experience with these would recommend for a great DAC and amp preferably for around or under $1000 total. Obviously the quality of the sound is most important, but as a designer by trade something that looks great on a desktop and/or a pair that is visually complementary definitely adds to the experience for me.

If it matters, Iā€™m often listening to artists like:

• Steven Wilson
  • Porcupine Tree
  • Carpenters
  • John Denver
  • Jean-Michel Jarre
  • Loreena McKennitt
  • Kings of Convenience
2 Likes