šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Admittedly the poor hawks have been getting lonely since my Aeolus came in and even more so with my aeons lol. I tried switching right after the Aeolus and the hawks felt so hollow and unlively in comparison. If I use the hawks, I have to be sure that I donā€™t use other headphones that day or directly before them and only use the hawks that day, then they sound great.

But anytime I switch to the hawks right after another pair itā€™s difficult because of that adjustment period. You have to forget what others sound like a bit before they come out to fully appreciate them ha.

5 Likes

You could always put the ZMF lambskin perf on the Nighthawks.

5 Likes

Are those the uniā€™s?

1 Like

Speaking of pad rolling the NH. Uni perf suedes have a neutral sound signature.

2 Likes

Yes indeed

2 Likes

Just tried the lamb perf uni. They are a bit harsher in the treble compared to the perf suedes. With the perf suedes they sound so smooth.

2 Likes

Nice Iā€™ll give that a try for the fun of it :blush:

1 Like

Infected Mushroom sounds amazing with the suede.

2 Likes

btw, looking back at messages. even tho i was peer pressured by mon, veritas and soren YOU were actually the main guy that sold me on these lol. talking about your bro, or brother in law who owns the 4xx but as soon as he heard the hawks he said he did prefer them. Your impressions and how stoked you were about these were something i always kept in mind as i first got them.
It was a bit of a slippery slope at first lol, quite difficult to have gotten used to them. all worked out well in the end tho

peer pressure no bueno :japanese_goblin:

i know, one of those 3 is a teacher too lol. no good

Haha Iā€™m glad it worked out. I getting very excited about anything I get that is new of different sounding. I do love the hawks and they sit on my personal wall of fame. Iā€™ll take another pic of my updated wall of fame here when Iā€™m done with yard work.

But when I wrote that it was after a week of only listening to the hawks and thatā€™s when they shine the most. I still think theyā€™re an amazing pair but thatā€™s the thing about them like many have stated. Itā€™s not only that you have to use these a bit to get used to them. But you also have to retrain your ears and brain and only listen to them every time you use them. Itā€™s weird but you really have to be sure not to switch from other headphones with higher treble or anything. They always sound off to me right after another pair.

I still do think they sound great for casual games. Like the sounds are more ambient and not in your face, kinda like a 5.1 system or something. Actually. Hmmmmmmmm. I bet these would sound great with Dolby atmos for headphones on the pc. Iā€™m gonna try that today. Hmmmmmmm.

Overall I still think you couldnā€™t go wrong if you got them for the 200 bucks. And Iā€™d never get rid of them. Theyā€™re the most unique things I have.

1 Like

Playing Doom eternal with dolby atmos enabled is an experience

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to try that as soon as I buy doom eternal. I think Iā€™m too depressed to play games after hearing the last of us 2 got delayed :weary:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s how I felt during the Cyberpunk announcement, but same feeling for both. At this point, Iā€™d rather have an extremely polished game anyhow

3 Likes

Yeah I mean they say itā€™s basically finished. The main issue is that it will be difficult to send out in our situation and doing a digital release will piss off gamestop and all of them.

So I do understand and Iā€™m not blaming the decision but damn is it still a tough pill to swallow. Especially after the initial delay from January or February ha

2 Likes

what would you all say is an appropriate price for these, apparently brand new unopened?

1 Like

The carbons or og?

1 Like

og, also was wondering the differences between the two

1 Like

Gotcha. Well the og will be a bit stranger in sound than the carbons (not a bad thing imo), essentally the carbons are toned down a tad from the og and come with more pad options. I would say unopened you would want to shoot for around 300-350 is a good price

1 Like