šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Between this and my tygrs are my preferred go to headphone for casual use gamingā€¦ If I am being competitive I go straight back to DT 1990(obvious reasoning for that one) still even for fps the nighthawks just make fps so much more immersive and engaging it becomes a more fun listen. Definitely one of my favorite headphones here

We all hate the rubber cord that came with the Carbons. But as I sit in front of my laptop in school on Zoom it is the perfect length with a microphone. It just works great. So kudos to me for keeping it around lol.

3 Likes

So mine arrived and as you all say the cable is atrocious. Recommendations for a replacement?

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a thread if Iā€™m not mistaken dedicated to this lol

I use the newfantasia one from amazon. It works good enough for an inexpensive option.

1 Like

I purchased one from Hart Audio. I love their interconnect system.

1 Like

I saw after posting here thanks. I found a decent one at Amazon.es

2 Likes

Hawkā€™s rule!!!

4 Likes

Owls drool.

Thatā€™s how this works, right?

4 Likes

Actually would not mind a set of Nightowls to check out, But still Hahahahaha!!

2 Likes

Soā€¦ just found a set of Nighthawks on Ebay for $200 today. Donā€™t try looking cause my mouse slipped and hit the ā€œbuy nowā€ button. Ops! :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

So still burning in my new Carbons. ItĀ“s gonna take forever to do 150 hours so Iā€™m sneaking a listen now and then. Not gonna lie, the sound signature is weird as shit and first I was taken aback a bit butā€¦
Letā€™s say someone gives you a cake and you try it and you donā€™t quite like it but you take another bite, mmmhhhh no, but you take another biteā€¦ and when your realise it youā€™ve been listening for hours to a headphone that you donā€™t like! What is this heresy!?
Still doubtful regarding mids but I have to say that the presentation you get with classical music is very addictive.

About 20 hours burned in, will continueā€¦

3 Likes

Ime a bit of burn in is beneficial but after 20 hrs any additional benefit will be extremely minimal at best. A more beneficial type of ā€˜burn inā€™ will be your ears getting acclimated to them. Personally Iā€™d just throw them on and enjoy them at this point.

I like the cake metaphor :+1:

1 Like

I do think they are still having noticeable mechanical burn in after 20 hours (for the hawks) but I agree that itā€™s going to be a bigger deal mental from now on since itā€™s a strange signature and presentation, so that takes time to get used to. IMO I would suggest you listen to them exclusively and not touch other headphones to not hinder the acclimation process @Davidibiza

1 Like

I think for me it was 10 or so hrs I actually noticed a difference but after that I thought they were good to go. My gear and ears probably factored into that though.

2 Likes

Yep, yep, the whole point to these is that they ARE different and have a sound signature unique to them. Good or bad your decision and personal taste preference, but you should throw them on and try out different genres of music and see how much fun they can be. Congratulations and hope you like them enough to keep ā€˜em. Happy listening!

1 Like

Will doā€¦ ā€¦

Enjoy. They are awesome.

1 Like

Listen to them until youā€™re convinced theyā€™re good.

3 Likes

After 2 years still loving my NHCs. They tend to be rotated with my LCDXs and aeon open RTs. I love the sound of big planars and really this is the only dynamic headphone that will run with them with bass impact, separation and detail retrieval. Itā€™s really crazy they didnā€™t take off back in the dayā€¦ except for the price tag. Right now my favorite amp/dac pairing is my jds labs el 2 stack but they still sound great on almost anything I put them on.

Rock on Nighthawk gang!!!

7 Likes

Hey Guys anybody looking for some minty Night Hawks, there is listing

Also there is Pair in Roanoke VA
Tech Exchange ROA,
They have the cables but no extra earcups.
1 Like