šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Stock leather

I would think some suedes would definitely solve that then yeahā€¦ the stock leathers have more treble. Did you get the regular nighthawk then? Carbon comes with their kind of suede

I got the Carbons, but they only came with the leather pads so I bought some suedes.

1 Like

well I hope that works out for you, I donā€™t really like the stock leathers on mine either and stick to the suedes. Granted I will have to buy some alternative suedes later at some point when these give in since they donā€™t make them anymore

Where did you find the pads available for purchase?

hmm, I question if those are actually aftermarket made to be like them or the real deal. Nonetheless very interesting, let me know how those turn out maybe put some pictures up. Will definitely save that for future use as I was not able to find these pads outside of 3rd party sources who owned the headphone

Real deal from AudioAdvisor. Iā€™ve bought the leather pads from them in the past and they came in Audioquest packaging.

Some people disagree but Iā€™m not a fan of the bass on the hawks when on a phone. I Def prefer them on an amp. On a phone the bass has no energy and just lacks the impact and fun aspect IMO. but I know that a fair bit of people still enjoy it plenty so ymmv

1 Like

If those were in stock Iā€™d buy a lifetime supply

thanks for confirmation, will save that to my bookmarks and order some later

Just got shipping confirmation. I might have gotten the last pair.

1 Like

Since these are discontinued where does everyone get aftermarket pads? Iā€™m thinking harder and harder about pulling the trigger but I know I will need pads and I feel lost in a sea of pads that might fit, might not, etc. Any help or links are appreciated. :slight_smile:

I havent done all the a/b testing, but I found the dekoni seude pads I use for my beyers work with the NHC as a suede pad substitute. They sound similar but I havenā€™t compared the differences and so I will leave it at that for now. I do have plans to find a pair of hybrid pads from ZMF to see how they compare to the original pads from the original nighthawks.

100mm and a little larger sized pads will fit on the mounting pad rings on the nighthawks. You can choose to punch a hole into the pads to fit them or just have the pad lips bunched up to the side of the mounting nibs on the ring.

EDIT* It seems to me that the dekoni suede pads add soundstage and separation to the nighthawks. They donā€™t feel as congested.

3 Likes

thank you! This is the kinda info I need! Iā€™m new to this.

1 Like

The pads should last a while, you can worry once you need replacements.

What are you running them off of? I found the magni 3(OG) will make this headphone sound sibilant and harsh.

thereā€™s one on ebay i was considering, but the pads look trashed. so i was trying to think about if it was worth it or not.

Just my laptop until I get my O2 kit built. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s why theyā€™re sibilant, but meh.

Wait for a pair with decent pads.

2 Likes