đŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Most likely, they do tend to come alive with better power.

I would’t use them on a bus, becuase the sound leakage.

I can use them on my LG V30 and they work well, but i can co firm that they benefit from some extra power. I also prefer the microsuede pads, because the tonality isn’t dark, more v-shaped and the bass punch is just glorious.

2 Likes

Pads arrived. Not genuine Audioquest. Not even suede lol! Thanks Audio Advisor! At least my amp is arriving soon so I can get them powered properly.

7 Likes

Did it come with the plastic retention clip?

Yeah it did.

Those kind of look like the original nighthawk pads. Is the inside of it suede? This is what my og NH pads look like.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s suede, but it looks like yours from what I can tell. They look nothing like the picture on their website though.

Yeah too bad its not the Micro suede. Doesn’t have the diamond and L/R patterns for the carbons.

On the internal surface of the earpads’ grilles, a repeating diamond pattern contains helpful “L” or “R” markings, indicating left and right cups, respectively.

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s suede but def a hybrid pad.

So what are the best options for suede pads?

Those look genuine.

huh, yeah those look like the original pads of the nighthawk. Not to mention those look thicker than the original leather pads foamwise. those definitely are not the suedes I can tell ya that one lol. You try reaching out to them about that? That’s rather misleading as that’s definitely not what is being advertised

I haven’t bothered because they say out of stock now and I’m keeping them anyway. Any idea what suede pads I can buy that would work best?

you’d have to punch holes in them to get them to work but to my experience pretty much any brand of suede. I believe we had one of the forum members comment here in the thread somewhere that brainwavz was incredibly close to the same signature the OG suedes provided

I’d say either brainwavz or ZMF
 dekonis texture and foam is quite a bit different in comparison so I think they would probably change the sound too much

2 Likes

Havent tried the brainwavz of zmf but have thrown a pair of the dekoni suedes for beyrdynamic on mine and they add soundstage to the nighthawks. They are not as forward with these pads. Mids take a step back. I like the results but not exactly like the stock suedes. Loses some bass and mid bass.

1 Like

I have posted a comparison between the nighthawk carbon and the sundara, M1070 and fidelio X2 in the sundara thread today.

hi all
a’m sorry my english is very french

i wanted to know if as a classical musicien i will find nice headphones with the nighthawk carbon.
i listen mainly to classical and jazz
in france we can find it new for 249 euros

they have been my daily driver since I got them 6 or so months ago
and I listen to mostly instrumental / classical / orchestral.

GO FOR IT!!!

merci pour ta rĂ©ponse! je viens tout juste de le commander.j"espĂšre que l’association avec mon Musical Fidelity M1 HPA sera bonne!!!une amicale pensĂ©e de France.
thank you for your answer! i just ordered it. i hope the association with my Musical Fidelity M1 HPA will be good!!!
a friendly thought of France

3 Likes

they’re awesome headphones due to their unique sound signature. I do hope you enjoy them at least as much as I do, if not more! :smiley: