Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I have a BTR 5 and think it’s marvelous. Battery power makes it dead quiet and highly detailed music emerges from a dark black backround. You can use balanced (2.5) and single ended (3.5) Small highly portable. I have not heard the other device but this I solid. It recharges in an hour so little downtime.

1 Like

oh,
I also have the BTR5,
maybe it’s just on my phone,
but you can improve the sound with this setting,

the default setting is not so good,

The BTR5 also doesn’t sound amazing out of the single-ended output and I’m totd the Qudelix does better in that regard, so if you’re using 3.5mm, that might also be a consideration.

The app control for the Fiio could be a lot better.

App/Control/Customization ES100 is great

Sound\Power\Build quality Fiio is really hard to beat.

I haven’t tried the Qudelix though.

Agreed,
the BTR5 are a better device & the Qudelix have a better sound, there is always be a compromise somewhere,

If you want an “ENDGAME” bluetooth/wireless:
Hiby R2 + Honey H1 or Luxury & Precision W2

though it not really that practical anymore

1 Like

I don’t have experience with BTR5 but I found this comparison when I was buying and deciding which to get.

There’s also review on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/ieqxxb/qudelix_5k_review_and_comparison_to_es100_btr5/

Reason why I bought Qudelix is because it has decent support and FW updates are pretty regular and they’re also adding new features to the application.

1 Like

I honestly have an Apple 12 and it sounds great. I have no idea but I would imagine that work.

I think its like that on all android phones. You need to toggle the LDAC option in developer mode and also the quality option as you have displayed.

To get the best use it wired

Thanks for the link!

Btr5 doesn’t have separate buttons for volume and track change => no go for me

Q5k can use the build-in mic of my iems => great! That’s the only feature missing on the es100

But all that was just out of curiosity: my es100 works like a charm. I mainly use it as am auto-powered DAC on my tablet with uapp. I think the other singles won’t bring enough improvements to justify a replacement in my case.

A side note about balanced output: it really does improve the sound with my headphones (hd6xx and he400i 2020), but I didn’t notice any change with my iems (aria, bl-03, ks1)

1 Like

I wonder if I should update my post. I’m lazy though…

1 Like

Due to a Shanling M3X showing up at a good price, I considered whether a separate player would allow for a distraction-free device for just music and ebooks, would have charge if my phone dies, and would mean I no longer have to care about capacity on my phone. I could downgrade from my 128gb Pixel 4a to a Pixel 3a XL (basically the same camera, I only didn’t settle on the 3a series because of the 64gb not working for my music collection).

Ideologically that’s all lovely, but I might end up hating having a second separate brick. If so I bought at a good price to resell without much/any loss, and then I might give the Qudelix 5K a go.

I have great memories of the ES100 but the person I was going to buy it from actually stopped me when they heard what I was considering and said I’d be better off with the Q 5K. I can see advantages to the battery life, especially in a new unit, if I plan to use balanced output. Apparently their app is even better than the ES100 app, which is pretty amazing to hear but I keep hearing it!

Plastic shell is always a plus for BT connectivity.

The M3X will get here when it does, and then I’ll see. Definitely into the zen of a “listening device” if I can swing it, I’m crazy addicted to hopping between classifieds/reviews/forums when I should be listening.

Trying to track down the cheapest 128gb MicroSD I can that is likely to be genuine. Looking at Samsung models because I can always test if they’re genuine in their small downloadable app. Currently found one that is about $18 shipped with good advertised speeds. whoops already checked out with that one. Hope that’s a good price.

1 Like

I’d love to see the update but I know what you mean… :slightly_smiling_face: Can you write TLDR?

After i got my m3x, my btr5 got to ocasional usage only. Hope you like m3x as much as i do. This thing lasts for hours and powers everything i throw at him without sweating much.

1 Like

Does the M3x support the play store without going to too much trouble, or if not does it have audiobook support without need for a separate app?

1 Like

Wich cable and do you pair with Mest Mk2?

MKII CIEM is stock
MKi CIEM is Hart Audio cable with all terminations.

1 Like

I think it should do - if not I used to mess a lot with custom roms etc. back in the day so whether it can be installed, needs sideloading, or needs a little more done, I should be fine.

Decided that wasn’t a very helpful answer for you, so I googled it and found this, seems like it can be installed from the browser with no extra hoops.

Yea I have messed arround with roms and jailbreaks for a decade plus or so. At this point in time I am just looking for something that works. but it looks like the M3x has all of the backend services needed, it is just missing the app itself to enable the playstore and allow me to get my favorite audiobook player off of it. Thanks.

BTW where did you get yours from?

Ok, got it!

Classified listing on Head-Fi.