Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Hoping so! I’ll try to take a break from buying iems and getting something better in the end of the year or earlier next year. Maybe new things come out and get even more affordable!

1 Like

Thank you for this. Really informative. EJ07M is a clear no go for me due to that midbass suck out.
Regarding the slightly more energetic highs of Land, well, I don’t disagree. But it is done in a rather tasteful way such that it never becomes too piercing or intense to my ears. Love it to bits, actually.
I think I lucked out here then, EJ07M would not have been to my preference at all, it seems. UP might have been, no idea.

Another question, if you please answer, which oner is more airy and more 3D holographic presentation with a more expansive stage - UP or LAND?

I hope you love it. I love mine a lot. Waiting for your impression.

1 Like

LAND, :+1:
airier & more details,

1 Like

“Too much sauce” on the treble and presence might not equate to airier & more details. It surely does not for me. It sounds more like treble murder and painful sibilance. At least for someone who is a bit treble sensitive. A lot of people have complained about the FD5 in that exact area.

But… Treble heads rejoice!

It’s something I just don’t understand, the treble heads ^^ How can they listen for long periods without discomfort.

3 Likes

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Age-related-hearing-loss-according-to-the-International-Organization-for-Standardization_fig1_338597788

7 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense then. As a nearly 50 year old male though that graph is a bit depressing!

1 Like

Its only a generalization though. But hey, look at the bright side. It simply means you can use more iems without suffering treble pain lol.

5 Likes

Most people can’t. The thing i learned in my “semi-deep” research is that everyone is more treble head than they think. People want “airiness” or “details” or something. Problem with that is that what most people dont realize is that how its presented and which frequencies are elavated and you are sensible to matter more. Treble is a sensible and personal subject!

Now, keep in mind fiio fd5 was almost too much for me and im sensible too. Im still looking for my signature. I respect and envy people like chris that have figured out what works for their library! This is the reason I bought land. Head said balanced signature, heart said land. Heart won :stuck_out_tongue:

Will do. UPS says they are arriving tomorrow to my hotel! (they tried to deliver on my home adress first)

Listening level is something nobody talks about. I started measuring in headphones and do with IEM for review consistency too.
It is a huge variable.

7 Likes

48 here, and I still can’t take too much treble. I guess we can look forward to being less and less treble sensitive though.

Lol, the “bright” side has a second meaning with audio!

4 Likes

ops, I made a pun without realizing it lol. :joy:

6 Likes

Yea, the RxP spring 1 and dunu est112 arrive today. I am hoping the Dunu makes a nice counter pair to the variations and each will bring something a little different to the table.

Dunno, to my ears they do not sound unrefined. Elevated and energetic, but not unrefined or uncomfortable. Although, on M3x, my listening volume remains from 16 to 25, depending on tracks, out of 100.

Also, I did not feel an iota of discomfort while listening to FD5…may be I am a treblehead…but I love my Bass as well!

1 Like

If FD5 was too much for you… I’m a bit concerned that how will you like Land. It has more energy in treble.

Problem wasnt the quantity. It was just piercing to my ears, the way it was presented. I returned them and got the teas.

I fucking love the teas, but want to try more treble and bass. Either I made a right call or I crippled myself. Lets hope for the best, tomorrow we’ll know!

Edit: for reference, my fd5 got better after some burn in time. In the end i was fine with it :slight_smile: just had to try the teas!

1 Like