Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Its the IEC711

3 Likes

Like @Rikudou_Goku just linked to.

Grab it. It is more accurate than EARS which i owned.

Copied Crins older setup ios to splitter to 711 just like pic on his website

5 Likes

I ordered mine today. Ali has a sale going on right now. Got some Graphene cables from XINHS too.

5 Likes

Is the sound card needed? Or the test fixture?

Vortexsetup

lol, I just went through all of this yesterday with @Rikudou_Goku and Vortex Reviews.

2 Likes

Cool. Itā€™s a very useful diagnostic tool.

@tkddans looks like it has the attachable 3.5 cable

1 Like

So, you just plug it in to the computer and use some kind of software? The sound card they offer on the store page, along with the fixtures, are extra and not needed?

You can use Apple and software via lightning or HO or to PC and use Room EQ Wizaed with it

Iā€™ve wanted to test my IEMs for a long time. Channel imbalances, see if my frequency response is similar or way off from others measurements, etc. If youā€™re going to spend as much time and money on this hobby as I do, may as well be able to measure your IEMs.

3 Likes

If only the guy who is hyping on Headfi would grow some balls and get one too and not seriously ask everyone to wait for the makerā€¦who gets the profitā€¦to provide the graph.
I justā€¦I cannot fucking believe what i read today.

3 Likes

Guy gets hundreds of dollars worth of gear. Wonā€™t shell out 75 usd on the coupler himself. Also been here for over 10 yearsā€¦

3 Likes

Or a cable resistance readerā€¦

Might get a 711 down the line. Like Resolution said, if youā€™re willing to spend lots of time and money, you should know what you get. Also useful for switches/tips.

2 Likes

Is there a go-to piece of software you guys use on the Mac? If you have a Macā€¦

Where did you find your 711 on sale? Cant seem to find one.

Also bought a graphene cable but custom. Might get some pics tomorrow

1 Like

Not only that but then to diss you, that takes serious balls. But then again, his name is Dsnuts.

Stop talking out your ass and do your own measurements if you donā€™t want to trust someone elseā€™s graph.

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku helped me get up and runningā€¦

All the rest of my IEM measurement stuff is ordered, so Iā€™ll be all set to help out with measurements of my stuff.

7 Likes

This is the one I ordered this morning.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000918270847.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.77974c4dgoYCYt

Sweet! Post in the cable thread once you get them.

I ordered two 4 core and one more 8 core bringing me up to 4 graphene cables total. Iā€™m seriously enjoying them. Got my Variations with my only current graphene cable sitting right here next to me.

That is the one he postedā€¦ the 15 ish price is for the test fittings color 3

Thanks, but I dont have an external card, need to grab a 3.5mm model. Very temptedā€¦

ā€œI do the entire review with measurements in hand. And I think that this biases me to some extent. But if Iā€™m biased by anything, itā€™s the measurements that I want to be biased by. I donā€™t want to be biased by the fact that Iā€™ve got a cold that day, or that Iā€™m feeling a little down [ā€¦] so if Iā€™m biased by anything, I want to be biased by measurements.ā€

EDIT:
ā€œI look at the measurements and then I listen to the headphone, and I compare what Iā€™m hearing to what I see on the paper. Because I quite often find that whatā€™s in the measurements doesnā€™t have the same magnitude as what I hear.ā€

I think he nailed it. Take all you can into account is all. And he happened to find what he could hear to be the final test. Doesnā€™t mean measurements should be thrown out.

9 Likes