Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

You HAVE to follow this model then…

Vortexsetup

You’ve gotta have a splitter and it has to be like this… Just ordered mine yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I3A47I4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vortex Reviews even made me a video to show me how it works.

2 Likes

Was looking for that. Thanks. Can you link me the cable measure reader?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076GZK62B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@Rikudou_Goku can elaborate, but he told me to get this one specifically.

The one Resolution linked is the one I and Paul uses. Its better to get the same for consistency´s sake.

3 Likes

Yeah, wanna get the same as you guys did! Gonna look into aliexpress because amazon es is 45€ lol

1 Like

Here you go: ANENG AN8008 Digital Multimeter 9999 Counts Transistor True RMS Tester rm409b Auto Electrical Testers Voltage capacitor Meters|Multimeters| - AliExpress

4 Likes

Man, I miss Tyll. The height of my involvement in this hobby was in the 2005 - 2010 era, and Tyll was a big part of it.

FWIW, @hawaiibadboy I hope you do that video about how you measure, and also maybe a bit about personal music choices. Other than that, I wouldn’t give those guys any oxygen.

3 Likes

I completely agree with Tyll (he’s THE man). I still have no means of measuring my IEMs (yet) but I’ve always wondered if what I’m hearing is really what everyone else is hearing. Being able to graph my IEMs will help me know that. It will also help me to know how big of a deal set variation really is. The more of us being able to measure the same IEM will help us all define that.

I come to all of my conclusions from listening, but being able to see a target graph that gives me a general indication of how the IEM will sound once I have it helps me greatly in deciding if I want to purchase it or not.

So far, the Mest MKII is the only IEM I own that actually defies the graph somehow. So, in my experience, the graph doesn’t lie and is a great tool in helping anyone decide if the tonality of the IEM is what you want. Obviously, there’s more to the story than just FR, but why not take advantage of all the options at hand to better convey how something sounds?

3 Likes

Where will they be available? On Linsoul?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/geek-wold-discussion-gk10.958787/post-16474058

@hawaiibadboy you just got caught… :rofl:

Wasn’t it a band from an older TV series that tried to teach us… What the hobby’s all about?

Hey hey we’re the Monkees
And people say we monkey around
But we’re too busy singing listening
To put anybody down

1 Like

I can understand this “theory” but it’s pretty flattering to think he used the force to shove a mic’s readings 250mhz between calibration and GK10, while continuously filming.

Bending physics to sell headphones…I think if Chris could do that, he wouldn’t need to sell any headphones. Magneto never needed to.

1 Like

I trust more to someone who can backup his claims with his own measurements than someone who is bashing with measurements provided by the seller

4 Likes

I order today from amazon

One of my favorite faceplate from Reecho :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Insects Awaken?

1 Like

Yes sir!
Love them☺️

1 Like
2 Likes

Fantastic! And if it has left and right channels, I can see if channel imbalances are issues (people often seem to bring that up)