Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Gotta say I like the black the most… But the golden one is growing on me

1 Like

I really scored in timing to get that shell and cap and in this price range so I am not doing the daily " are we there yet" to em

the gold is pretty sweet

9 Likes

Maybe in the future we can customize the plates!

Sure is. Reminds me a bit of this color:

(PeacockAudio P1)

4 Likes

@hawaiibadboy
Did you talk about the MELE cable?
Bacause from what I ve seen it looks nice (especially in this price range with casual “ghetto cables”)

Was just thinking that. The gold is very very nice. Black is good too, I’m sure people would prefer it, but I love the shift from metal casing to the subtle gold cap a lot. Unique from others out there and, in either color, looks much more expensive than $50.

1 Like

I think that later on we could get a new finish combining the black finish with the golden flakes of the white version. What do you think @hawaiibadboy?

2 Likes

Oooohhh. Like MEST MKII. That could be nice perhaps.

2 Likes

Since we are all waiting for linsoul… @hawaiibadboy do you think the word Mele, comes from the mother of Dionysus, Semele? Dionysus was the god of wine, festiviies ecstacy, music etc . Semele was his mother from one of his two lives. Also the word melos (melody derives from this) is the ancient greek word for song…

Maybe @hawaiibadboy will reserve that faceplate (black & gold flakes) to his tribrid tuned IEM. I hope he has that in his plans for a future IEM! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s pretty decent actually. nothing like BLON 03 or the like.

1 Like

Hawaiian word rooted in Fijian language as far as I can tell. Hawaiian language only uses 11 or 12 letters. Not sure of any influence prior to that.

Maybe in future first mock up had several similar styles and chose 2 from that first group

9 Likes

Thank you for choosing the black one from that lineup. Looks much slicker the the grey version.

2 Likes

Favorites are center (gold), middle right (black), and far right (silver).

For the far right one, that subtly streaky pattern on silver is strikingly classy in tandem with the metal for a cohesive look.

In person though? Idk. The gold still seems strong for my personal taste.

1 Like

The rounded 2pin opening was a nice change from those original designs

4 Likes

If we are doing purely my aesthetic opinions on IEMs which I have only really broken twice. I like either pure metal, single color with a simple pattern, or complex pattern that looks understated at a distance (Variations is a good example of this).

The far left looks the closest to pure metal, but with a classic simple design it makes it look a bit too plain. Usually pure metal needs something in the shape to make it look really good. Or you could go crazy and make the Blon Prometheus.

The light grey with white and the white with light grey both look okay, but not quite as elegant as the gold color does. To be fair though the gold color looks a lot better because they are actually shot by a camera and these are digital mockups so maybe they would pop a lot more then they seem.

The black one has a really nice look that again is probably unfair in that the actual photos of it do it a lot more justice then the mockup. I really like the black one since it almost has a look of being shaped and not just textured and it breaks up the flat plate a lot.

1 Like

but most aftermarket 2 pin are square,
does it fit ?

1 Like

I swear I am never buying the iems that currently feature on top on linsoul pre-orders…

Yup. No probs

4 Likes