Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Yes, Hana 2021 over Aria IMO.

Bass is cleaner and the overal replay is too.

2 Likes

@hawaiibadboy

Bad Boy moddedā€¦ I hope the Bad Boy approves.

7 Likes

Double suspension style headbands are definitely my favorite style for comfort. Hope you are enjoying those.

I was wearing these over the weekend and my head actually started hurting with the stock headband which is really rare for me. Iā€™m pretty confident that this headband will help. But holy hell it is cheaply made and one side creaks!

You almost donā€™t care though when they sound as good as these do.

1 Like

I have an opposite pair of headphones. The Fidelio X2HR are probably my worst sounding pair, but after swapping the awful philips pads for Dekoni choice leather ones they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn that actually weigh something.

1 Like

Oh, those are the Dekoni Elite Sheepskin on my HE6se @hawaiibadboy specked for his mod. I havenā€™t like Dekoni pads on other headphones in the past, but if Chris suggests it, ya knowā€¦

Those look sick. Very Noice!!!

1 Like

1 Like

What headphone would either of you recommend that is somewhere in between a HD600 and a HD58X in terms of sound signature, comfortable (So Senh is out the door for me), and hopefully not a dynamic pair so I can try a different tech.

The HE6se is the first planar I really like that Iā€™ve owned, so you might not want to ask me. Iā€™ve either had to EQ them to get them to sound decent or they just sound so compressed and flat.

I was going to suggest the ZMF Aeolus. I love mine and will never let it go.

Being a different tech is not a must have, I guess I am just looking for a sound sig like sennheiser (well the 600 and 58x) without being sennheiser since I hate how they feel. I love Sennā€™s sound. I bought a used 58x knowing I would hate how it feels because I love the 600.

ZMF Aeolus = The True Sennheiser 600 class upgrade.

2 Likes

Okay, I will heavily consider it then. Maybe if I check around I can find an audio store that still has listening demos open near me with a pair.

Or just stop by when youā€™re in New York. :slight_smile:

I am EQā€™ing the HE6se, but they donā€™t sound like ass without EQ.

2 Likes

The only headphones I EQ are the DT990 pros and only when I am in the mood to play FPS games online.

My man loves his bass shelf :+1:

1 Like

I have been spoiled by phones finally having decent speed internal storage. Loading songs on to a 120GB SD card for the M3X I just got is painful.

Good news importing 18,000 songs didnā€™t crash the M3X ā€œplayer modeā€ when updating the libraryā€¦ hopefully the playlist features of this DAP are good as well.

3 Likes

Hey! :slight_smile: Iā€™m no @luizgarcia but yeah, I love me some full sub bass. How are those bass head recs coming? :wink:

2 Likes

Working on it :+1:
Iā€™m enjoying the return to my roots.

1 Like

Youā€™re gonna make some bass heads very happy. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes