Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Thanks for the trust, but credits go to @hawaiibadboy. He’s the one that got me into it

2 Likes

If it’s your first IEM, I think you should start slower. Unless you already know your preferences on sound. You will need a tip collection too

With that said, I went almost straight into the Teas… :joy: If I could only choose one, would pull the trigger on Oracle. Keep in mind Oracle takes 2 months to build…

IMO (and not looking into a budget) : Get Mele and Blon 03 next week, check what you like on them, check confort, start messing with simple things. Then order mangird and Oracle, play with mangird while oracle is getting done. Enjoy the music :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I usually use Tin hifi P1 with hip dac using xbass when I commute.

I have Fiio FH5 as well but the bass is a little too much and muddy to my liking.

Tin hifi T2 plus is good for a budget set but I crave for more details.

I have medium to small ears, P1, T2 plus and FH5 fit me very well. I had Shuoer tape pro as well, the edges caused sore spots and the sound just doesn’t sit well with me (did not test it long enough due to comfort issue)

Generally I listen to pop and acoustic. My sound preference is a little warmer and laid back but with good details. I like more meat in the vocals. Seems like mangird tea may be a more suitable option for me.

Ps I’m not in a rush to get them, so I don’t mind waiting 2 months for oracle as well.

3 Likes

Nice to know! In your case, I’d get the teas, do some tip roll and find your preferences (teas are tip sensitive). I’d also get a cheap well built cable if you dont own any, since the cable on the last revision sucks and its out of phase. Then I’d see what you like and what you dont, and look for a tribid later down the road (or not and just keep the teas forever!!!)

I find the teas very musical with good mids. Think you’ll like them and they punch above their tag. Can seriously be someones end of the road for 300 bucks.

3 Likes

Pre ordered this.
Thinking about the other with DD but it looks butt ass ugly… :thinking:

7 Likes

Money is paper

2 Likes

I can’t remember did I ask you where to get replacement cables at for the teas?

No but lets take that topic to pms, so we dont spam this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a stern warning from Paypal about my balance exceeding $20,000 over an extended period and having almost as much in Yen as well. (200man).
Money laundering and tax evasion is a reason some folks use Paypal apparently :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yeah, I work in accounting/finance, there’s every type of scheme to avoid every type of tax. It is what it is.

Theres a new iem generating some buzz with a beautiful graph called Aladdin (its sold by penon). Seems to be midcentric and very well tuned. Might do a catch for my library. Are you thinking about trying it?

2 Likes

agreed, I wonder if you do a survey, how many will say the purple look cool.

1 Like

Based on the idea of the ELYSIUM to create an electrifying detailed but also warm and embracing sound, we wanted to explore what is possible. We wanted more. More lows that make you feel the rumble. More mids that vividly embrace you

I really wanna hear that purple thing though…
DD in bass
DD in mids
4EST for treb

I can maybe learn to live with purple

4 Likes

Screenshot 2021-08-14 205150
If a teletubbies had earing aids, it would look like that.

5 Likes

I really do want to listen to the VE Elysium, but for the price they want why do they only do their custom color service on the full CIEM version only.

1 Like

I passed on Ely. Did a demo of it and that bass was not doing my stuff well. That’s why their descript of the purple money eater seems so appealing.
I’m a sucker fow words like warm, musical,bass

grabs my focus…

7 Likes

Sad to hear, the thought of removing BAs from the driver config is really appealing to me. Hopefully some company will do a really good set eventually.

I’m thinking the follow up should be a winner.
Hendrix and Prince like Purple so…eh, I’ll be fine and cross my fingers.

Is anyone going to master the Chifi planar??

I’m goingto trip on this set tonight.

9 Likes

From what I have seen. Planar iems needs to mature more, they all pretty much have garbage tuning but there is potential after EQ.

3 Likes

A foam mod or something to pull down that upper mid area like folks did with NF audio might turn this into a good set. I might try just to see.

Yeah, mods and EQ can definitely help planar iems. But I am unsure what to think about that tbh. When the competition is already as fierce as it is and planars are literally handicapped from the start and needs 3rd party aid to get them to be in the same fighting ring.

3 Likes