Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

That’s easy… Mele > FD3

In addition, The FD3 “pro” cable is the worst Fiio cable I have.

5 Likes

Whoa!!! Impressive. Can you provide a better comparison? Point-wise, if possible? Would appreciate much.

1 Like

Guess all my praising wasnt in vein.

2 Likes

Not really. I just listened to both tonight for the first time. I dropped the Mele in my ears and was shocked at how good they were tuned, but I felt they didn’t have a lot of dynamics and the stage and imaging were nothing special. Then I listened to the FD3 and literally felt meh about them VS what I had just heard from Mele.

Later, I changed the cable on Mele and and got a little more serious and was even more impressed with what I was hearing.

Super early impressions here. I haven’t lived with either of these sets but a few hours let alone any kind of burn-in, so these are real basic early impressions.

3 Likes

What about Mele vs Mest? Pretty sure someone is gonna ask for that one

1 Like

5 Likes

MEST no longer the best???

4 Likes

y7a5fs7idtd71

4 Likes

Yugo boys stick together, Croatia counts! Živio!

3 Likes
5 Likes

10 Likes

Oh… dear lord. I saw this on the general IEM discussion thread and thought it was a cleaver joke edit…

I have no words for how dumb this is.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Lmao, who is that aimed at? I gotta wonder how much overlap there is between audio nerds and the people that genuinely like that gaudy shit.

They never built a TOTL set yet. Gotta do that before going full stupid…I think?
I don’t know the rules I guess :man_shrugging:

That’s an FD5 shell…with gold and fake diamonds. I …I dunno? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

I saw this earlier tonight online. I thought it was a joke/photoshop. It’s not? This is real?

It’s not April fools. I don’t get it really. This can’t be real.

5 Likes

That was my first reaction as well… my next reaction is that I can’t wait for the reviews stating that it would have sounded better if they had used actual diamonds instead of imitation ones. And for those people to actually believe that.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s August Fools in China

2 Likes

Real diamonds will be used in the “pro” version.

4 Likes

and it will be solid gold because gold makes for better electrical conductivity… especially if the shell is made of it…

1 Like