Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Unfortunately there are quite a few companies who don’t seem to understand that certain price brackets do entail different levels of customer service. It doesn’t mean they have to bend over backwards, but the level of communication and professionalism expected goes up as you hit higher price brackets.

3 Likes

Exactly.
I don’t need folks bending over and grabbing ankles but going from
“In before it switches to pre order…yay”
to
I am in fact a pre order is B.S. without any notification.
Bulk mail folks.
I’m not a DCA member but my $4,000 deserves some respect too.
I pay big money for the whole thing cuz we all know this stuff isn’t actually worth the asking price in any way.
Let me enjoy the process…the delay? O.K. but let me know
Don’t make me ask you like you are a new seller on Aliexpress ffs

4 Likes

Even more insane is when I see it happen between multi billion dollar companies with multi million dollar projects.

Twice I have seen major contracts handed over to a different company because the first one for some reason couldn’t pick up a phone.

When you are sending demo units to reviewers, and give interviews, it means you do a strong PR push, it is something you organize. So… yes there are orders following. I remember that during the interview he was proud to say it is already available. So it is indeed sad that they don’t update availability and reach each buyer with an updated timeline.
The Elysian Acoustic Labs dude took the time to update me on the order, and I appreciated that. sad that a company like Dan Clark is not.

I was waiting for an honest review cause so far, both the Sendy Peacock and the Dan Clark Stealth, I worry it is all hype reviews, too good to not be suspicious!

1 Like

That Elysian guy (also $4k) kept me in the loop the whole time.
I enthusiaticaly endorse elysian Acoustic

4 Likes

I did test my loudness threshold some time ago, and 72db is already on the edge of being too loud for me. So i suppose E1DA can wait for the time being.

Thanks

1 Like

Your order is on the way

Tripowin x HBB Mele × 1

Yay!

5 Likes

Gotta admit, Linsoul is the fastest seller for me. Incomiiiing!

Variations, Lohaki and L&P W2 in the same week. Gonna be a gud weekend.

7 Likes

I know that feeling!!

2 Likes

i confirm that i’ve received my Arya last week with the stealth magnets sticker on it. I realized that is easier to drive than even my Sundara not by much but it’s noticable.

Well they asked me to re consider the cancellation and promised it out and on the way in 48 hours so maybe potential boss level closed back on the way.

7 Likes

Of all the IEMs I own, all I’ve been listening to lately is Mele.

It really sounds fantastic and it is so comfortable. It’s no-nonsense shell allows me to be able to pop them in and out with no fuss. I also prefer the shorter nozzle length for longer listening sessions.

I really enjoy this IEM a lot.

16 Likes

They are very nice I agree The shallow seal is nice though I am on tip 6 and finally found one that works well for me

4 Likes

Same!! And people thought I was probably shilling for HBB :joy:

6 Likes

Thank you bro :raised_hands: :notes:

@nymz Tell em the reality. I didn’t even know your name till a few days ago :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yep, with the shallow nozzle, you probably need to use larger sized tips. I pull up on my ear when I insert the tip and then release my ear and let it settle around the tip. It helps me to get a better/more complete seal.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Currently running through library tests and tip rolling, and the Mele gets one of the highest praises I can give to a headphone: it’s easy to just get lost in the music. So far, bass, percussion, strings, guitar are all spectacular and sound natural. Treble is non-fatiguing but I don’t feel wanting for detail in the highs. This is an all-day kind of set.
Regarding tips, so far I find Spinfit CP100s and Symbio Ws to have the best combination of fit and maintaining a balanced sound.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks @Resolution! Love to hear comfort impressions.

Could I bother you with a little more detail? What’s the pressure points like? Where the shells touch against you ear? That’s what I’m always concerned about.

For some context with me:

• Starfield/Aria are near perfect shape for my ears. Like DAMN perfect. They tend to sag a touch and rest on the ‘cup’ of my ear, but that can be helped with reworking the cable a bit. (would love a comparison photo if I could bother you further :wink: )

• FH3 had issues with their length pressing into the back of my ears, or the nozzle angle causing one edge to dig into my ear when using short tips.

• 03 are floaters mostly, that’s why I run them exclusively. Very little touchy touchy.

Weird question of the day! How do you measure the sound level of an headphone versus IEM?
as in: Do you remove the foam from the sound meter?
-Do you place it in contact with the nozzle of IEM or membrane of the Headphone?

I realize I might be doing completely wrong.