Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Okay, pretty disappointed with Linsoul’s qc on their cable. I only got like 10-ish hours of use, 3-4 were actively using, the last 6 was me actually falling asleep with the Oracle in my ears. The connection to the left line is loose and I sometimes lose signal unless I wiggle it back.

Just sent them a message, but it’s 1am so I’m gonna get a response tomorrow. I just hope I can get this resolved

Did you bent your pins?

Pins are fine, it’s the connection at the jack that’s acting up. I super panicked at first thinking that my left iem died when it was working perfectly just a few minutes before and after a bit of quick investigation it’s the connections of the left line in the jack, it softens/disappears when I wiggle it

Then you should be fine with Linsoul. They will probably ask for you to cut your wire as proof you don’t “just want another cable”. It’s kinda usual.

You can also try to contact Dèng on their discord, she might be able to help you.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that bit, saw it in passing a while back about cutting you wire, but I guess that’s sorta fair.

I’ll check out their discord later but for now I got more listening to do. The cable is still “okay” just finnicky. Gonna put up a big ol write up on the Oracle

Also I heard that there’s a problem over at Fiio? Seems like they’re having trouble supplying their retailers, I think I saw a couple of people mentioning it but seems like it was from a month or two ago. So looks like my Q3 is gonna be delayed for a bit

Welp… What we thought we knew about beryllium and its sonic advantages a year ago isn’t turning out to be true anymore. I thought it had benefits to the speed and definition of the cutting edge of transients that other materials could not match.

I think the beryllium honeymoon is over. It appears other technologies in DDs have caught up.

@hawaiibadboy as always, thanks for your views. It’s good to hear Fiio sent this to you for your review. There is hope afterall? Nice to hear the O2 love!

3 Likes

Tuning > driver

5 Likes

Lesson learned… the tuning and driver matter. Everything matters.

Yup, but tuning is more important IMO but of course they all matter.

Including those kilobuck cables. :smirk:

1 Like

I agree. That’s why I look at a graph before anything else to even know if I’m interested at all. If the FR isn’t going to be something I know I will want to listen to, I could have all the technicalities in the world but if it sounds bad at the end of the day, what’s the point?

I think P1 proved this.

Decent tuning is imperative at all costs. Technicalities on top of that are icing on the cake. It sure makes things difficult when sets like Mele exist that nail and get so much right only for 50 bucks. It’s gotta make people ask themselves what technicalities beyond fantastic tuning and perfect comfort are worth to them when thinking about what a perfect IEM would be for them. Is it worth paying +1000 bucks for any IEM when Mele exists?

4 Likes

Price also matters. 600usd for an ok single DD is like… Buy O2 twice and go out dinner with the change.

I’ll just say it, I think @hawaiibadboy eluded to O2 being a better IEM period (price not having any bearing) than the FD7 in the video. Being a proud O2 owner myself, it wouldn’t surprise me.

My big takeaway is that @hawaiibadboy feels there is no sonic benefit to the all beryllium DD in the FD7 vs the beryllium coated DD in the FD5. What is the point?

1 Like

I have no doubts it is. Only thing I can see competing with O2 is falcon pro as @Rikudou_Goku pointed out. Don’t think fd7 or kato will make a dent on then crown.

1 Like

I believe Kato will be the same ol shit Moondrop has been pulling with the same ol KXXS DD just with tuning nozzles (which lets be honest - who cares about tuning nozzles?).

Just make a killer IEM that sounds awesome for its pricepoint. Mele for instance.

1 Like

(I do if it has drastic change like on the LZ A7. :smiley:)

2 Likes

Yes, that’s nice. I was just checking the graph on fd7 with other nozzles… Its (even) worse?

oof

This is what you call variation. :joy:

7 Likes

Screw nozzles. You’re wrong! :wink:

I said it. I finally stood up to the master. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can’t wait to know what is the Tea competitor that’s coming up! :moneybag: coffee? Espresso? That’s more my thing :joy:

And the new UM product I wonder it would in which price bracket… honestly MEST II looks amazing but I will never go that far! What do you think of mini mest is it really an affordable mest?

1 Like

:+1: