Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

EVO? Iā€™m listed in the third batch here in EU, will receive them in dec/jan (hopefully). I have great expectations, after having auditioned the Odin (very fun but not perfect to my ears, a little bit too much lower treble for my taste).
I bought the EVO to have a complementary set to my MEST MKII, which for my library and my taste are just PERFECT (well, at least for me and with my source and the non-stock cable/tips Iā€™m using).

2 Likes

Mind sharing what tips and source you using? :slight_smile:

sure, I thought I named them before but maybe Iā€™m too old to remember :roll_eyes:
DX300, Xinhs Graphene 8 cores, Azla Sednafit light

Nice setup :slight_smile: I have my eyes on 300 as my next dap :slight_smile:

1 Like

itā€™s a very nice DAP at a reasonable price (not saying itā€™s cheapā€¦)

Jeebusā€¦I still canā€™t help but SMH that a well-patronized IMR (f.k.a. Trinity) thread is sanctioned on head-fi. Brand loyalists will always be a thing in all hobbies, but damn, there be some vicious ones there. That is a thread I make a point of never opening.

When I came back to the hobby about 18 months ago, I was oblivious to the fact that IMR was Trinity in new clothing. Took me a few months to realize. I came close to joining a buy, but the heavy discounts for former buyers and constant churning (much like a subscription service) just turned me off. Wasnā€™t until later I realized what IMR is.

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting the 24k grills

13 Likes

Pic credit: Tom Korn

screenshot-www.fedex.com-2021.09.24-21_15_04

12 Likes

dx300 sounds wonderful. However, there is a decent amount of latency when watching videos and/or using it as a DAC/Amp connected with a USB to my computer.

2 Likes

umh. are you using bluetooth?

I have video/sound latency problems with WiFi videos streamed from YouTube, YouTube Music and Amazon Music HD. Itā€™s enough that I donā€™t even try. Thankfully, video streaming makes up a very small portion of my listening.

I noticed on some other forums that others had this same problem. Do you?

I do not try to stream with blue tooth the tech is not there to do it right in my opinion.

Its pretty much there, if you mind the audio delay in videos just get a transmitter that supports aptx LL(ofcourse receiver would need to support it too).
Or another option is using Linux HTPC for media, which besides already supporting SBC/AAC/aptx/aptx HD/LDAC(and sink up to aptx HD) for quite some time now, added aptx LL support few weeks back. And you get all that with a cheap bt dongle, using a $3 bt 4.0 one for the purpose myself, and can say audio delay is unnoticeable.

1 Like

I only use wireless on my beats training earphones. Rubber earhooks FTW

3 Likes

That DAP must be sick, congratz!

Is CA24 vented? Here comes my full BA softspot addict brain :joy:

I gotta take a closer look. And graph and listen. The looks are dope. If KZ could tune as good as some of the designs they would be crushing it

It is basically a KZ AST I like looks of CCA better and it has vents. It is basically same price if I am reading Google correct

4 Likes

I sometimes use youtube (via the browser, not using the app) with wired iem, but never noticed a latency issue (of course itā€™s just my personal and very limited experience, not a proof). Iā€™ll try with a local video file and mxplayer to see if there is an intrinsic problem with DX300, or maybe itā€™s just something specific with video streaming.

1 Like