Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

You going Ex1000 style and using a 16mm + open vents + est?

1 Like

Not 16mm. Iā€™d like those Sony drivers though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw RATM during their Battle of LA tour, I didnā€™t they would split after that. Insane concert :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yep that was a good weekend for sure :+1: the older Glastonbury festivals were smaller and cooler but that one stood out just look at the line upā€¦so,so many fucking dope actsā€¦

4 Likes

Johnny Cash. :open_mouth:
The Beastie Boys :open_mouth:
Peter Gabriel :open_mouth:
Elvis Costello :open_mouth:
Blind Melon :open_mouth:

Rageā€¦Manic street Preachersā€¦that must be a nice memoryā€¦however much you can remember :beer:

2 Likes

For $14
Yeah.
Watch out for upper treb bite but 1/DD budget beater? Yes.

2 Likes

damnā€¦ i envy you manā€¦ must have been a blast!!!

1 Like

absolute fire. the fact that you recs plays well with RATM really hits the sweet spot.

1 Like

The Falcon Proā€¦
Is in fact bloatedā€¦
Holy shitā€¦ KATO is going to slide right into the spot Dunu tuned their way out of
Ima go over it after my Empire Ears EVO review. :+1:

When reviewers lean on graphs to highlight ( cuz it looks good) and minimalize the same asset (graphs) when it doesnā€™tā€¦doubt.

5 Likes

I am just waiting on the 24k gold ā€¦

2 Likes

Jesusā€¦ what an event. Dope gigs and music are in the 80-90sā€¦ :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

Hey HBB, i got the jp mest thn recently got a mkii from ur recommendations. I love the mkii so much that im tinking about going customs. do u recommend it? many told me custom change the sound of the iem and might even be for the worst, and some even said that eartips seals btr thn customs. need ur opinion on this cuz u are the only one i trust. thanks :pray:

4 Likes

Seconded! Iā€™m actually wondering in general if customs are worth it in the far future if Iā€™m getting the MEST

2 Likes

Hey bro, thanks for the trust.
I have a UM MEST MKII Custom

and a UM MEST MKI Custom.

I prefer the absolute isolation of a CIEM
Howeverā€¦
You cannot sell it
It could just not feel right

I think the bone conduction driver works best with the unit being in the ear.
Thatā€™s all just bullshit preference though.

I love mine but will not rec CIEM unless you have a lot of cash. If you can afford to gamble with $1500 and not feel sick if it doesnā€™t match your image then go for it.
If you are on the fence about itā€¦get off the fence and just enjoy the Uniā€™s

4 Likes

Empire Ears EVO frequency response graph

6 Likes

Those are some very good points, thanks for sharing them.

Found a local company called FlipEars relatively close to me that makes CIEMs but they only make full BA sets, starting with about $388 for a 2BA set all the way to $1899 for their 16BA set.

When I got time Iā€™ll audition them and give my thoughts before considering jumping on a CIEM, but thatā€™s a long ways away. But in any case, having a company you can literally drive to and visit for a custom builds confidence way easier than having one made in another country.

Besides still super happy with the Oracle and already missing it having shipped it back to get checked/repaired today

1 Like

The Pinoy boys?

I have talked with them.
Slang in Hawaii for a Filipino is ā€œFlipā€
They turned that into a clever name. Seem like some cool dudes over there. Tell em I said Aloha! :hibiscus:

Yep

Iā€™ll make sure if I decide to have a pair made from them haha.

They told me they got audition sets in a headphone shop in the city so thatā€™s where Iā€™m gonna test them when I find time in my sched(Probably gonna try out a few other headphones there too)

1 Like

Reviews start to appear for the Evo, it will be very hyped for a while. I wished EE would do an Odin which is not fatiguing on the treble, with serious slam, I hope the Evo will achieve something close.

1 Like

These $3-$6,000 sets are definitely not recycling the same stuff

EVO is an LX on 1st A/B I was hoping for a ODIN with less treb gain and more bass. They did 1/2 of that :slight_smile:

1 Like