Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Man Sony Z1R 2018 and no need for MKII…MEST be like

:smile:

5 Likes

Sean Olive shed tears of joy looking at this graph. I believe mkII would be closest to harman target among all iems.

6 Likes

So how’s the Mkii detail resolution compare to the S8F?

MKII is polished and refined V1 like UM did with MEST
I can see this becoming a very popular set among music lovers.
S8F has sharper edges to the notes ( if that makes sense)…more rough and in your face than Thie M2

5 Likes

I gotta read the instructions (nah fuck that…I’m busy)

Any reason the iFi is better than Qudelix and it’s PEQ app?
Does this iFi have a PEQ?

EDIT…

Is there a clip or some way to fasten to my shirt?? :no_mouth:

6 Likes

Copped this,

As a warm up, listened to this,

Dem Timeless handles the low end like a bauss.

3 Likes

Boom!! There ya go!!

1 Like

It played in random. Suddenly the intro kicks in I was like shiiietttt… LOL. Now that’s an intro I really know.

1 Like

Might just pull the trigger as my end game…would make a nice balance to my S8F and Timeless no? It’s also pretty close to my preferred L4 tuning.

2 Likes

Yes it would compliment those sets well IMO

1 Like

You forgot these :smiley:

1 Like

Not the same though

Variations sounds thin in comparison. they are not similar aside from bass line

2 Likes

3 Likes

I‘d describe the Variations as clean and lean sounding. The original Monarch came across as more analytical, whereas the Variations was more musical to me. I always found the Clairvoyance much better tuned compared to the Monarch, but it looses out to both the Monarch and Variations in Technicalities.

I hope I get the opportunity to try the Mk2 soon. Wanna hear for myself how it stacks up against the other Tribrids and if the price increase is justified.

1 Like

Original Monarch was not for me at all. All that detail…reminding me how much I miss the bass guitar :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

huh?
10char

Only know it as Angel #

Ha, just looked that up, some wild hippy stuff right there…

1 Like

No, no no and no. Qudelix wins on all fronts.

And honestly, I had issues with my go blu. When I did compare them, I didn’t prefer the sound of one or the other. But, I am not amp/dac picky at all.

2 Likes