Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Yup I’m in same situation, have the oxygen on route…

2 Likes

So does @ttorbic:slight_smile:

1 Like

#FirstWorldProblems :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds like a strong Aria competitor?

2 Likes

Very exciting with the new set. Waiting for the full review video :heart: comparison with O2, Hana, And Mele. The bad guy target will be the benchmark for RnD of a brands to tuning their dynamic driver IEM :metal:

4 Likes

Just ordered 2 sets as Xmas presents for some mates who are huge T2 fans.
Might sneak a listen before wrapping them…

2 Likes

I’m somewhat of a T2 fan myself lol, although I’ve played with so many tips to find the right one for my usage (outdoors & phone call). T3+ is really, really tempting…

I have to keep reminding myself that I already have Mele > BL-05s > T4 (in fav sequence), all that are around the same price bracket. :grimacing:

1 Like

Were you able to find a good seal on BL05s? I can’t get them to sound for the life of me, tip rolled a bunch but I think the short nozzles are doing something wrong because they sound dull, flat and with no bass. Not at all like they graph…

Yeah, Final E (narrow bore) or Azla Sedna Crystal (wide bore). I highly recommend the latter 'cos it just enhances the height of the stage, which is one of the largest and spherical I’ve heard in this price bracket.

BL-05s is a bassy IEM imo… But I admit it’s quite tip picky. It needs larger sizes to seal well. I haven’t been able to get any Spinfit tips to sound good on it.

This video is everything we love and trust about your reviews Chris. Based on sound not price. Zero affiliation with the manufacturer. Could discover this and then pretend it never happened because the Mele is in the same bracket with a similar tuning. But you bring what you found straight to us.

5 Likes

I realized after a while that I needed larger size but I only tried CP100 and Azla Sedna but I’m still not getting the bass that people are talking about. It’s tough to justify $22 Crystal tip when I paid $35 for the BL-05s

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate you can’t get a seal… Hope you do find the right tip for you. Everyone’s preferences will be different, but for the sound stage they provide if you manage to get a good seal with wide bore tips, for me it punches wayyyyy over the $300 mark.

I have the Variations and the Tea, guess which I go to for movie watching? BL-05s.

YMMV.

3 Likes

Wow. Never heard this about the BL05s’ until now.

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy check DM, if you get time.

1 Like

Got it. Message recieved :+1:

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy and everyone.

For the love of all that is holy within audio, please do yourself a favor and try out this audio player for sheer audio quality, it’s amazing. It is by far the greatest discovery I have made in this hobby.

In case it’s not clear on phones, the music player is called Amarra Luxe. What this player does with music is pure magic I tell you. Well ok, it’s mostly because of it being bit perfect and applying a proprietary mathmatical algorithm that uses fewer CPU resources allowing for cleaner signal output.
There is also an app on the iOS App Store called Amarra Play. It’s a travesty that this player isn’t talked about much.

2 Likes

Also, I have compared it with Audirvana and Roon. They are more functional players, but they are both beat for sound quality imo.

Roon - If you want sheer neutrality, can be described as simply cleaner than pure Tidal.

Audirvana - If you want punchy, bombastic hyperclarity, can be described as bright.

Amarra Luxe - If you want smooth,delicate tube-ish 3D stage, can be described as warm.

1 Like

Piqued my interest for a while, but…

2 Likes

I mean, you don’t have to use it. They offer inside Amarra the choice to play engage MQA or not. I use Tidal Premium to integrate with which is the same as Spotify Premium at 320kbps.

The sound quality of the player itself is what’s of interest here. The MQA crap can be disregarded. The price of the player is absolutely worth it even if the MQA decoding is built into it, but I think the price was the same before they did that. It’s about $80. For me it’s absolutely essential what it does to playback, like fuck everything in this hobby if I can’t use Amarra.

2 Likes

Dang

10char