Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

The trend matters more than the truth lately.

The only thing we can do is to reward the ones that deserve it.
Mr Lee from Elysian Labs, Andrew from Musictek, and many more.

I admit I fell for the EVO hype train and I feel cheated by the tons of reviews or comments when a simple Monarch mk2 is slapping it so hard.
I always end up selling my EE sets within 3 months, it is time I learn my lesson.

5 Likes

Agreed
Elysian Labs went above and beyond as that premium price implies may/should occur and it does so he is a great example.
I paid alot
Was always in the loop
Love the set and the company and rec him all day long
Traillii made by a company that does not send free samplesā€¦was organically hyped and Andrew at Musictek steered that ship like a boss.

I got a mail last night (saw this morning)
Saying I get too toxic.
Bruh,
I hype the stuff I like
And jump on poor service whether itā€™s Linsoul and a $50 set or another for $1,000ā€™s
If you wanna just read happy shit go buy a Disney book.

Waitā€¦wait

Bambiā€™s mother gets shotā€¦
Dumboā€™s Mother gets killed in O.G. version
They killed a buncha Lemmings for a movie about Lemmings doing something they donā€™t actually doā€¦

Skip Disneyā€¦

Go play circle jerk with your fellow sycophants

4 Likes

Really looking forward to Your impressions on the RU6! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, I had a deal with a guy on here selling the TC and he just kinda evaporated.
Maybe shipping to Japan was not a thing he wanted to do?

@DrWilken Yeah wanna check out that R2R goodness :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here, but now that itā€™s headed Your way I can wait a bit longerā€¦ :slight_smile:

Might end up being be my first R2R (Schiiit BF2 and Soekris 2541 are on my ā€œshort listā€ too)ā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

cannot find any store with Abyss headphones to try out in Japan. When I asked them they replied they have no reseller here, surprising.

M17 made me consider DAP v.s. dongle v.s. BT (QK5)

Gotta clean my desk. ZEX PRO vid in the oven

@Frainen
I mailed them and they were not very friendly.
Basically told me to read the website for my answer :no_mouth:

6 Likes

Have you received a a BL 07 ? Can we expect your opinion on it soon ?

I have 4 versions. Gotta confirm which one they go with :+1:
Will then do a review

3 Likes

I got luckier with the reply, but the outcome isnā€™t very different :slight_smile:

I wish my desk would be as clean as that currently!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been really happy with my BTR5 for IEMs but got tired of the battery draining on my phone so I recently got a Hiby R5s and itā€™s OK (though slow).

The attraction with the RU6 for me is solely the R2Rā€¦ :wink:

I will probably use it in the office (home and/or work) connected to a laptop or on the R5s.

The power consumption on a phone will be a limiting factor as most manufacturers limit it on phones to 100mA whereas a normal USB 2.0 will be about 500mA and USB 3.0 will be 900mA.

Thereā€™s some info from Cayin in this thread here.

I also have a variety of dongle DACs but nothing expensive. Just bought them to feed my Little Bear B-4X with various sourcesā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

I think my DAP days are about over so I wanna compare some stuff with M17
My lifestyle means my phone as a source is limited to a time frame where battery drawmight not bother me much.
Cayin makes some good stuff.
N3PRO is pretty dope

2 Likes

One thing is the battery draw and of course that wonā€™t be a problem if Youā€™re often near a chargerā€¦ :+1::wink:

The other thing is the power consumption limit on phones which will most likely (at least with some IEMs/headphones) limit performance to some extent.

Comparing having it connected to a phone and a PC/DAP (without the limitations) is for sure a comparison Iā€™m interested inā€¦ :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

Personally, Iā€™ve had to charge my phone a lot of times (or at least top it op) even when at home and if Iā€™m not sitting at my desk itā€™s a problem as I have to stop listening to music (or leave the phone) or carry a power bankā€¦ :rofl:

#1stWorldProblems

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy

Been waiting for your Hekili review. Is it still cooking?

3 Likes

Did you ever get L&P P6Pro?..and check this out :open_mouth:

Cant wait for the zex pro review! btw someone did a teardown and shared some interesting finding about the electrostat drivers on the nra/zex

seems like the drivers doesnā€™t handle high frequencies at all. OP said: ā€œBecause of the very rigid membrane, the amount of sound it can produce is fairly limited, and the range is limited as well: some output is from 1.2 kHz to 12.5 kHz, while the sound can be heard reasonably in the range of ca. 3.5 kHz to 7 kHz then decaying to oblivion by 12.5 kHz.ā€

7 Likes
6 Likes

Damn that dude threw his own switch in there and everything. Cool

7 Likes

Do you think they kept the same electret driver for the PRO? Iā€™d assume so, but I heard that they changed the DD

haha yeah, i wish i have that kind of DIY skill, that way I can only listen to the electrostat driver and hear what they are REALLY doing in this set.

1 Like