Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Mac Giver tips: when one of these cables had some weird sizzling due to the DAC hanging when I walk, I used Bondic Glue to solidify all the wires. at this price, I try to save them!

2 Likes

Thanks…bought it too :pray:

1 Like

I have a R-2R Dac Hat made using resistors by a DIYer for my RPi4 streamer and when changing tracks or pausing tracks it makes a clicking noise. So it’s possible that the Cayin RU-6 is doing the same. Not sure what exactly causes it but your post reminds me of that. Also from what I understand resistor based potentiometers also do this.

For those who are curious about the dac hat here is a link to it. I have had it since September and he still makes them. He is currently on v.1.6. Discrete R-2R DAC Hat for Raspberry Pi - V1.3 - Audiophile Diyer

1 Like

MIM Audio “Dark Magician”

7 Likes

Week end plan is all about music.

4 Likes

Oh…I was just eyeing those at Fujiya Avic website last night.
Let me know what you think

Tough to say.
I took it for the office, so I wanted a decent closed back but not looking for “the one”
Considering my sole Headphone is the Susvara, it is hard to compete with and I wear it 4h a day.

Initially, I thought it lacked on the imaging. It has some soundstage but sounded a bit flat.
I changed the cable for a forza one, full copper. It did help. I get a full body, but of course a bit warmer.

It is super comfortable, light, easy to carry so for that it will do the job. More clarity and details than the Focal Stelia, but nothing that make me say “fuck yeah” like I had with the Mest Indigo.
It slams more than the Susvara for sure but the trade off is heavy, I would not dare to compare them.

I somehow prefer the Liric to the Meze Elite, probably due to the price difference. (I am not a Meze guy)

Edit: paid it with the money from the EE Evo, so it is still a win.

2 Likes

How?

You sell the lemons and go buy some Lemonade.

You nailed that bruh!! :fire:

4 Likes

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is wrong with BA drivers directly in the nozzle? Or don’t I understand silver lining in dayum gif? :smiley:

2 Likes

They usually sound like a whistle with harmonics on vocals and electric guitars.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s like standing too close to a speaker tweeter - the driver integration becomes really poor if one driver is too close to your ear compared to the rest. I think it’s less dangerous if the woofer is in front but the time alignment of drivers ultimately is something that is up to the designer to figure out and implement correctly.

2 Likes

Could indicate harsh high from the nozzle BA implementation? :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

HBB, please try the Final VR3000, it just freaking blew my mind.
For merely £18 on Amazon UK.

See my impressions over at Riku’s thread.

3 Likes

Bro…
Can do. :fire:

9 Likes
17 Likes

ok, I thought the bear was big… Santa ate the bear.
Indeed, it is really a massive work done, Congratz.

1 Like

Thanks man!!
The J kids love it. Blows their mind :+1: :dizzy: :snowman:

7 Likes

Insane! Luv it

Merry xmas Chris :christmas_tree::santa:

3 Likes

Did you get yours from Amazon JP?

Will order today. Yeah, that is where the pic came from.
@nymz Same to you :snowman: :santa:

2 Likes