Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

13 Likes

Is that a ton of fearless iems? (which ones?)

Beautifuuuuuul !!

Do it, finally tune one man :smiley:

2 Likes

One with a DD! :+1:

Of course :wink:

2 Likes

blon 07? XD

what IEMs would you recommend to someone who likes the M50x’s

asking for my brother

I can see why you enjoy the Mangird Tea. It’s pretty close to your ideal tuning. Fantastic IEM!

Btw… This is a great video!

This raised a lot of my issues when trying to help other with IEM recommendations. I can only imagine you must go through the same thing all the time.

7 Likes

Thanks.
It’s a bizzare phenomenon.
250 subjects tested.
It takes 19.3 seconds for that many people to buy 250 headphones world wide.
Over 1 million sales a day

It indicates a trend…possibly. It is NOT an ideal or anything beyond survey results from a small sample size repping 0.0000000025% of a single years worth of buyers which is a % of active/total users at any given time.

Science is repeatable and all variables are shared.
How many casual hobbiest knew it was 250 people?
What songs were used (Why)<<<IMPORTANT
How many EQ sliders as it was described as adjusting “Bass” and “Treble”
4,5,6,8,10 Band? PEQ curves?
That is a huge question
Why is the falloff so drastic?
The amount of EQ available would probably be a big clue.

7 Likes
1 Like

5 Likes

So sweet!!!

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy been watching your videos more and more now that you are reviewing stuff like utopia,clears,arya,he6se,susvara, etc. I’m curious about your source gear with these sets, I do believe, and from experience that these sets do benefit from quality source gear. You mentioned something about bragging rights of owning the higher end gear, and was just curious to hear more about this, since I’ve had the experience of hearing a lot of these sets with a decent range of source gear. I don’t believe these headphones are meant for entry level source gear and what not, but to each there own. Regardless, its nice seeing you get more into headphones. Cool to see you mod the he6se :+1:

2 Likes

I mean he has the rme-adi2 at least…so I’d say that’s pretty damn good for 90% of applications.

I do think it would make a good reference point, especially for a reviewer, but when getting into headphones like the Arya,he6se,hekv2,susvara,utopia,clears, they really do benefit from higher end sources, and can actually take a hit when using lower tier source gear, not to say the rme is lower tier. From a couple videos, @hawaiibadboy made a point to that he favored the gl2000 and he6se over sets like the arya,hekv2,susvara, which is completely fine, but i was just curious if he was able to feed those sets well. Getting into higher tier gear that he is, it would be sweet for him to get his hands on gear that can keep up with said headphones. Especially since his reviews tend to be more enterntaining and music focused. But ofc this is just my point of view, and what id like to see reviewers going forward, especially one who is so active on this forum

2 Likes

appreciate the watching of my vids :slight_smile: I am still getting my mind around Susvara $6,000.00 ouchy
Once I get that out of way (bias) I can settle in and enjoy.

I am using Singxer SDA-2 for the harder to drive items for now. Am still looking at other options.

The high end gear gets are not bragging rights just reference points. Like in earphones, more often the benefits are minimal at best. IMO

4 Likes

You can this again and again and again!

2 Likes

JQ White Knight?

Yup.
Full review tonight

4 Likes