Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

They contacted me and asked for my shipping info but no followup in past month? Not sure what is up. Busy season?

@Rikudou_Goku That 5Khz and 8 are too much for me for long listening. Even with that mod. KZ asked what set I was interested in and DQ6 was my immediate answer.

4 Likes

O2 filters dampen it more and increases the bass as well, so its less fatiguing.

5 Likes

There is also tuning papers:

Although that might be too drastic of a change.

(I have ordered a lot of mod materials so I will find out what they all do.)

7 Likes

The change on HM is to use it on a vent to turn into a bass canon, not the nozzle

1 Like

Will you try modding the ZEX Pro? I have Oxygen filters to spare and may give it a go to add some bass. Treble needs some improvement but not sure if it’s just driver limitations…

Not sure. Will find out if I need to do it after I have listened to it. (will review the EDX Pro first, which btw is actually pretty good.)

Yes, that is what I thought as well, for me it was the 4-5k and around 8k areas that bothered me a bit.
Tanchjim filters (and tuning foams) dont affect that area much, if it does, it is indirectly being affected since they might increase the bass.

4 Likes

HM as a bass cannon…that does not compute. :robot:

I gotta try that :dizzy:

Check this. credits to Tony Tex.

I only tried it with regular tape and im no basshead, so proceed at your own risk :grimacing:

3 Likes

DQ6 Pro (retuned)? I want it now! :laughing:

(I know that i said something different earlier :joy:)

2 Likes

LOL :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
It was on my mind as soon as the idea presented itself. treble with a DD and toned down a bit…mmmmm :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Maybe if the treble is controlled, the tiny DDs of DQ6 can handle a better treble presentation. Then, a bit more bass without sacrificing the good texture.

1 Like

YOJIMBO
Yojimbo_(movie_poster)

Clint Eastwood movie was based on Kurosawa’s “Yojimbo”

Playing both sides to the middle and walking away. Winning.

KZ is pushing to get CCA CRA out via me and Crin’s set via Crin and friends and KZ is sitting and counting sales.
CCA…KZ…does not matter. They get paid.

Those folks are not remotely dumb.
They are more clever than most companies actually

7 Likes

5 Likes

I like the approach of using a driver tech that the majority of people know and like (DD), then splitting the FR spectrum into three to squeeze the performance out of each DD for their respective regions. Penon Serial (and maybe 3DT but I don’t know for sure) takes this approach, where their smallest DD is akin to a micro-tweeter in the ear. Maybe DQ6 is doing this for a budget-conscious audience, and when retuned, can popularise the approach so we get other manufacturers interested in producing multi-DD IEMs (as opposed to DD+BA+EST++).

5 Likes

I have the 3DT and think it was on Musicteck site that I read UM take a different approach and the two smaller DDs both handle the lows, with the larger DD handling the mids and highs. I have no idea how to confirm that or not ngl :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :man_shrugging:

Edit: they sound great to me especially for faster/harder stuff like thrash.

4 Likes

Interesting if that’s true! Serial works very differently: “The treble dynamic is a smaller more agile 6mm Pu diaphragm dedicated for the highs, 8mm titanium plated dynamic known for its detail and imaging properties for the mids, 10mm bio dynamic specialized for its bass properties.” From Penon Serial - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org.

Edit: 3DT DD config according to UM - “3DT utilized three dynamic drivers: Dual Compound Diaphragms Drivers for Bass (7mm+7mm) plus 10mm CNT Driver for Mids and Treble.” UM 3D Terminator 3DT – MusicTeck. Thanks @saltire.

Wonder what the DQ6 v2 will do @hawaiibadboy!

4 Likes

No reason to doubt Musicteck as official UM distributor:

5 Likes

100w RGB light in Santa :dizzy: :santa:

13 Likes

That’s one flashy Santa!

2 Likes

You do an awesome display :ok_hand:

3 Likes