Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

It’s the same concept, but updated, so this name should be avoided, according to the Wikipedia article. Their measurements weren’t able to be verified, it seems, so their particular curve is not so well-valued.

1 Like

Good to know.

Thanks bro. I love visual aids :sparkles:

6 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

Is that the ribbon driver? I’ll definitely be looking forward to your thoughts on that one.

Yup

5 Likes

In 1972, ESS Sound System was established in California, USA, and began to produce AMT units. Because the AMT unit must be made by hand and the diaphragm process is complicated, it has been facing the problem of high price and low output, so it is usually only applied to various high-end speaker products.

After 2006, the ESS team was divided into two parts. Some members went to Germany and became HEDD Audio under ADAM, and the other part came to China to form the parent company of Goldplanar. As the world’s largest manufacturers of pneumatic units, these two companies provide various AMT units for brands that prefer pneumatic tweeters such as ADAM, EVE, and ELAC.

For the folks who were implying some tech harvesting

Goldplanar is the Eastern branch of the folks who developed the tech in Cali a looong time ago. HEDD was part of that group

6 Likes

hello,
how about MEST mk2, ?
they didn’t send any pre-production unit?
@hawaiibadboy

“Hold off on big purchases”, this is it isn’t it, the thing to wait for.

Lol, I can’t wait for the upload anyone know what time he usually uploads around?

No,
getting final retail version. They did all the tuning and prototypes in house.

2 Likes

I am inch away from pulling the trigger on the mest mk2, need to hold my self,
do not blind buy,
need a review first, :grin:

1 Like

I can’t find the product page anywhere. Where did you go to find it? I see the original on their site but not mkii

Damnit man, I’m ready to pull the trigger on a custom Mest mkii.

But should I? Does it change the signature compared to the universal mkii? Do you have a review unit?

Man I need your advice.

EDIT: Oh and if I already have the Clairvoyance, will the Mest be a good alternative pair to try on or a full blown replacement? Does the Clairvoyance get any ear-time when a person already has the Mest mkii?

I’ll be on it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

7 Likes

Okay THIS has my interest… I am waiting for reviews, but if I am to take the jump into the +$1K IEM pond, then this could be it.

2 Likes