Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Another one of his baby mamas to the rescue

61X0Qw84sFL.SY498_BO1,204,203,200~2

INdiGO gets a 2nd vote

Thanks for the tip, I suspected that one would be rec’d.

Unfortunately, it’s outside of my budget by quite a margin. I had the MK2 briefly but it felt so fragile along with the fact that I didn’t agree enough with its tuning to justify keeping it.

Got anything in the 500-800 range that comes to mind?

I was going to say Senn IE600 but re read your question.
Have you ever heard the Thie Oracle?
Bass is there but not in the way. Imaging is good in it’s price bracket and it has good extension
If it has a con it might be Bass is too tame

1 Like

Haven’t heard any Thieaudios yet.

Have you heard the Excalibur? Bass is said to be stronger while also having slightly stronger technical performance.

Got any thoughts on that one?

I would disagree that Excalibur has better techs

1 Like

Under $1000 i would go old school Sony ex8000st or maybe used monarch mk2, xenns up, or kinda lava ejo7m.

First 2 would be Sony ex8000st than kinda Lava imho.

You can get both of them for your budget. With discounts etc.

If slamming is important to you, Sony with tape mod is S tier for that imho.

1 Like

TRN ST5 Frequency Response Graph

1/DD (Beryllium) and 4/BA

6 Likes

I do not have Telegram and this is all a scam

3 Likes

You should post a video on your channel about it, most of your viewers are probably over there.

1 Like

They already know and that guy is blocked and reported to Youtube. I am going to mention in next vid. Crin got a telegram scammer too

1 Like

pretty sure every youtube channel does literally every comment on every video I’ve watched in the last month has had those telegram bot messages

1 Like

Good set? Is the beryllium having the intended effect?

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy Did you listen the Oriolus Szalayi? If yes, more or less which is the place of them in your ranking?

2 Likes

Was curious about this too. The DD+Planar+BA combo is interesting. The i3 were a decent idea, but felt like a missed opportunity (haven’t tried the i3 pro).

Have not decided but due to fit i am unable to wear for very long. It’s bigger than ThieAudio Monarch I

The bass is good. It’s a bit into mids but Beryllium is good for exactly that (speed)
It will be my 1st TRN video in a long time. Like a less V shaped V90 with better techs

Yeah, I love Youtube but the link dropping is bad. i got links blocked by default but those bots get by YT’s own settings

I like the Pro, they did pretty good for it being way before folks were memeing planar. Treb is a bit off but it’s a decent set.

2 Likes

I bought HD 560s because commenters suggested.
Vivaldi and Fleetwood Mac sound fantastic on it.
Good stuff

5 Likes

I didn’t realize there was a DD+Planar+BA set.

I’ve really been wanting to hear a set with DD lows and planar mids/highs (not bothered about a BA).

What are some good IEMs for vocals and details under $300?

I’ve narrowed down exactly what I want the most in an IEM and it’s velvet smooth vocals that come through crystal clear and good detail retrieval, only problem is I don’t want to break the bank trying to find that and I need some help on recommendations.

I tried Tanya filter on the Kai… It tames the slight brightness that I perceive in then upper mids same as with the Kinda Lava.

Can crank the heck out of this set now without any fear of the wincefactor kickin’ in.

1 Like