Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Thanks, just ordered the T20rp mk3
Never head of em till 5 minutes ago.
$160? Easy purchase.Thanks!

6 Likes

You need to mod it though.

But it is very easy to do and its made for that (opens with screws).

Take a look there. Minimum work you need is to dampen the shell vent and add some cotton inside the shells.

7 Likes

Thanks. Yay! :notes: :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Adding weight to the baffle and reducing the vibrations really helped. I was going off of a mayflower mod as my baseline. They are tinker toys and really good for hiphop. I was listening to heartbeat by childish gambino and it sold me on them. I just couldnt get it to where I was fully happy before I killed a driver due to losing a solder pad. Womp womp… may buy again so who knows lol

3 Likes

Here is a good material and very easy to tune with for the shell vent btw.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004409429740.html
(technically meant for buds but hey it works.)

Yep, blutack is great for that and you can also use the foam I linked above to dampen it more. (bluetack + foam on top)

5 Likes

You beautiful bastard… I may have to do this against my better judgment… smh

1 Like

and since you mentioned not liking the treble. well here.

Perfect for putting on the driver front.

And this if u need more damping.

3 Likes

I do. M17 is nice, I’m just saying there’s a huge premium we pay for the screen and operating system. M17 also has to be plugged in to sound it’s best and not really portable.

1 Like

That’s why i like this thread. People always have excellent recommendations for reasonable prices.

Someone asked about open back basshead headphones on a headfi thread, they said there’s nothing below $3,000 that’s any good. That’s ridiculous to me.

4 Likes

They like to smell their own farts over there too. I get gate keeping culture hobbies, but means to listen to music is universal. So from 20$ to Elon Musk there are options for a reason :smiley::+1:

6 Likes

That’s so true. Every time I watch Gizaudio videos, I feel like I am going through Crin’s ranking.

Not HBB but a no in the Sundara being a bass head head phone

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy I just wanna let you know I’ve probably tried about 6 IEMs a good bit more expensive and ones that people talk more highly about than the Olina and the Olina has stomped them all :eyes: idk how these are only $99 but wow, you really knocked it out of the park with these

8 Likes

Grado Hemp or 325x are bass monsters

1st Giveaway

2nd below
https://gleam.io/QUDwZ/tripowin-x-hbb-olina-special-edition-giveaway

9 Likes

These seem to be the same giveaway? At least, filling in one has left check marks in the other.

1 Like

No, one is just for Twitter.
Other is for folks who use other platforms and or are already a follower, they can just re-tweet which retweets the other post cuz that app needs a link to retweet

#1 100, 200 300 400 and 500 get

No lyrics or cards required

7 Likes

The Olina SE graph is now available on https://hbb.squig.link/

Waiting for the Reviews :grinning:

1 Like

Looks like less warmth, but better treble extension, when compared to Michael Bruce’s Unknown Solider mod.

1 Like

Based on the graph, the treble changes actually fit my ear to a tee. If the overall note-weight is improved over Olina or 7Hz Zero, this would be a slam dunk for me.