Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

From what I’ve read, they could be the best planars currently.

1 Like

Man its got more low end than the s12 without the shout so its clear and fatigue free based on initial impressions. The bass was about that same as the oh10 from memory when listening to some of my test tracks. Mabybe slightly better note definition on the low end. Seeing whats next and kill jill are great to pick out the synth bass and what I was testing first.

3 Likes

Twilight going in S tier?

With all the good iems under $500. Getting hard to justify the multi kilobuck iems.

2 Likes

To be fair, we’re getting to the point that whatever price tier you want to get off you can say that about: of all the stuff I’ve bought and heard, if I only kept my modded Rosefinch, Olina SE, and Starsea, I’d be under $250 and never feel like I needed to go $300+ for a set.

The only reason for me to spend more and go up the ladder is curiosity and FOMO

1 Like

That set is dope. Same planar driver as S12 but better tuned IMO
Wu TANG!! :fire:

2 Likes

Is it confirmed to be the same or rumored?

It’s the same. I’ve hacked both sets open. :v: :notes:

Screens from Micheal Bruce. “Shortbus”
I have my own pics but he has the dope microscope setup good.

This is Chifi battling roughly in same $$ range and sourced from same manufacturer.
Wu Tang got that tuning down better though…IMO

2 Likes

Hehe, very interesting. Is it also the same driver in the Timeless & Raptgo Hook?

Raptgo is similiar but different in a few ways that are obvious to the eye

1 Like

Same as S12 and Wutang.
Wutang is in fact same as Timeless driver. which is same as S12
same trace and 7 magnets

9 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Are you planning to share some words on the Dethonray SG1?

1 Like
3 Likes

its this driver it seems.

56 usd/pair.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s it. Cost way less in bulk bought in China.

1 Like

Yeah, I have been baffled for a long time on how they could actually keep on lowering the prices of planars. But turns out its just the price difference on ali and taobao is that huge…

1 Like

Yup, and they get a totally different price as a manufacturer. It would blow folks mind how much some can get a Susvara (for example) for.
Imagine these little drivers…we are talking much much much less than that Ali listing which is for DIY folks. Everyone knows how this business is run, it is for profit. They never lose money (Sellers) and manufacturers rarely do (economy and overly optimistic team leaders aside)

2 Likes

Yeah, drivers are really not nearly as expensive as most people assume they are.

(alibaba)

2 Likes

I…am fairly sure CA is getting drivers (planar) from China

$1500

16 Likes