Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Wouldn’t touch anything from that IMR/Trinity scamming company :rage:

6 Likes

Many folks on HeadFi got burned and gave up and abandoned crowdfunding or the like (wisely).
More just fully abandoned HeadFi.
That was the end of a lot of folks journey.

3 Likes

^^^Yep, that pretty much describes one of my audio buddies. Sad to see, but it took all the trust out of him.

2 Likes

What happened?
did they scam people?

Indeed they did.

1 Like

Christ…
Idk how HeadFi saved him, but that is just as disgusting as Drop selling IMR stuff. I remember now this video, I saw it not long after it was made and since I have never seen a video with porta .fi.

1 Like

I no longer go into the various IMR threads at head-fi because once I realized who IMR is/was (I was away from the hobby for years until pretty recently), it was hard for me to not trash the seller, and yes, also the customers who enabled his comeback & continue to patronize him. Hey, as long as they get nice-sounding stuff, it’s totally worth supporting fraud! /sarcasm

2 Likes

How they arent banned while brands like Senfer is quite shitty.

1 Like

The excuse to ban and deny the mention of whole chifi brands and sellers while allowing brands that definitely USED headfi to help gather funds and definitely STOLE monies in the 10’s of thousands atleast is beyond ridiculous.

Being shady (some Chifi selers) is lame and deserves some shame
Stealing money is actually against the law in America…and the rest of the world

Find user “Se7en” and ask if he will share his story. ( It’s not related to Trinity)

1 Like

Ha had my say to Mr Porka.Fi on a FB page he posts on regarding his shilling for a company founded on embezzled monies, it went a litle something like this…

Me "Wouldn’t touch any IMR products the guy’s a scammer and a crook…still owes loads of 💵 to unfulfilled Trinity customers"

He replied with a Head-Fi link :sleeping:

Me…“it’s up to individuals to decide whether to do business with him or not. Given his history with Trinity”…guess we’ll have agree to disagree on this then, but I’ll not spend any of my hard earned on anything he has audio finger in.

5 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Hello can you share a comparison Jotunheim 2 vs a30pro ?
in sound quality,
thank you so much bro, :pray:

1 Like

Yes, I can do that in the video :+1:

Acoustic Mod

1. Added Fazor on both side
  2. Replaced Foam on the Grille
  3. Grille Mesh
  4. Dampening on Outer Cup ring wall
  5. Full Dampening internal beneath the adhesive Pads (Bad design for pad roll)
  6. Pads swap to ZMF Auteur Perforated Suede Pads

Optional Mod (Just Swap the Grille with a custom Closed Grille) Underneath where i put the cables, in a black pouch.

1. Closed Back Grille for (Orchestra Music Listening)

Aesthetic Mod

1. Steel Grille with Black Chrome Finish
  2. Audeze Long Yolks
  3. Audeze New Shorter Genuine Leather Strap
  4. Audeze Carbon Fiber Headband

Other Placebo Mod

1. Custom Balanced Kimber Kable (4 Pin XLR to Dual Mini 4 Pin XLR)
  2. Custom Kimber Kable Adapters (4 Pin XLR to 6.3mm) / (4 Pin XLR to Dual 3 Pin XLR)
  3. Furutech Connectors
4 Likes

Hey @hawaiibadboy , maybe you can help me with my search. I am trying to find myself a replacement for the Ikko OH10s, loved the tight bass and the soundstage but the fit really was not for me.
Do you know of any comparable IEMs in that price range?
Thanks

TRI Starsea , KBear Believe though saving up $100 more for a Mangird TEA…it fits your descrition to a “T”

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the suggestions!

Let me ask you something, i thought about the Mangird Tea but ended up getting the ISN H40 instead because i saw some reviews stating it was better than the Tea. I did like the H40 sound but the stage is not that big and the bass is mid-bass focused and a bit boomy compared to the OH10.
How do you think the ISN H40 compare to the Mangird Tea?

I think the TEA has better bass, clarity, imaging and extension than H40.

3 Likes

Thanks, i will add it to my list!
Cheers

1 Like