Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I haven’t heard the H40, but the Tea is sub bass focused, so no mid bass bleed. The mids are very clean, and are tuned for equal representation of male and female vocals. The soundstage is large, and the imaging is really amazing. So far, the only IEM I’ve heard that sounds more holographic is the UM MEST.

5 Likes

4 Likes

A very accurate description… TEA owner here.

I’ve noticed that some iems which are bass focused (with recessed mids), tend to be favored by many because “dat bass” is so addicting. And some iems that are mid/treble focused (with less bass), are favored by those who prefer a “detailed” listen.

I think the TEA (whether it was deliberate or they just got lucky), provides a good balance between the two aforementioned sound signatures.

7 Likes

It’s such an epic set. It crosses that boundry like you said. It plays a lot of genre very very well. About the best value in the hobby. Will NOT break wallet WILL replay excellent HIFidelity Sound

Speaking of excellent earphones…

9 Likes

Oooh! CIEM MEST 2 :astonished:

1 Like
8 Likes

I’ve been going back and forth between the Clairvoyance and Monarch for such a long time. I often times do like the tuning of a strong sub bass bias, with decreased mid bass, but ultimately, I’m wanting a really good, versatile IEM, that can handle pretty much all genres of music, and sounds amazing w/o any EQ. I’m not too worried about top technicalities, such as detail and resolution. I think the Clair fits that better.

I finally decided on the Clair b/c thus far, every single IEM that I’ve purchased b/c of your recommendations, I’ve been very pleased with.

3 Likes

Clairvoyance is great

1 Like

I have absolute trust in Chris’ experience and his recommendations and I did the exact same thing. Only thing is… I enjoyed the Clairvoyance so much that I decided I wanted both. Now the Monarch gets ALL the play but I’m keeping both. :slight_smile:

Similar to the Tea, the Monarch has the balance between the bass and mids to keep the mids crystal clear and detailed while hitting you with a wall of sub bass (Monarch more so than the Tea). The Clair doesn’t have the clarity/detail in the mids the monarch has but has more bass elevation into the mids.

3 Likes

Get Clair. It is greatly superior to the Monarch with my library.

Thanks for the trust :+1:

2 Likes

Get the Monarch! :wink:

Get both! :slight_smile:

@Resolution have you compared by any chance the Clairvoyance to Andromeda S? (Or Andromeda original, not 2020?
I recently go Ara which really, really impressed me, definitely keeping them for long time for the balanced sound. I want more campfire audio though now!
And, I had buying clairvoyance in mind since some time, but now I am thinking, Andromeda S vs Clairvoyance? (without looking at the price, what are your thoughts if I may ask?)
Thanks

1 Like

Comes with USB with data for set. Cool idea

1 Like
6 Likes

@hawaiibadboy :You and RikudouGoku, are making me want to get these. They been getting good reviews from the git-go.

1 Like

I was bust with some crazy expensie gears and missed this. Very good set. Love the tonality and how it handles treble

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy is it true that the Mest Mk2 have a slightly less soundstage than the OG ?
and slightly less wow factor ?

@hawaiibadboy heard that the CCA CSN is close to the DQ6 but tamer with the treble. Maybe you can check it out?