Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

No, it has more immersive replay that the original version. More bass too. Stage? About as much wrap around effect as you can get. That’s with my library though

@Rikudou_Goku , that sounds like a damn nice set. I’ll try it. Not finding the trebs offensive though when I graphed I expected and put them to the side. My mistake. I shoulda given these a good listen a month ago :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

yeah it does sound like a really good set. But since this is being hyped by the typical KZ fanboys (like the DQ6) I am still skeptical…

And its a DD + BA hybrid instead of the 3 DD in the DQ6.

For a while, I was feeling a bit like a KZ shill for the DQ6, b/c I was just so impressed with it. I’m glad to see those whose opinions I trust also are impressed. It’s a unique gem.

2 Likes

It is indeed a gem.

Really nice work on your Graphing site… :+1: Very much appreciated! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Will you try Tansio Mirai land or Softears RSV?

Yes. Not a fan of the RSV5 but I will buy and try them all.
I like Tansio Mirai company. Very small. Very good about QC and tuning so I am looking forward to trying that Land set :+1:

2 Likes

Would be interesting a comparison with EST112 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it a blon killer?

I think they are good in their own rights.

The 03 is more relaxing, warmer and fun with more bass and less treble. While the DQ6 is more energetic and brighter.

For example, the 03 suits hip-hop more while the DQ6 would be better with pop.

(FIY; my 03 is mesh modded.)

One thing the DQ6 does have a big advantage in, is the fit. It should fit a lot more people than the 03 which is known to have crap fit.

2 Likes

I agree, they are both budget gems, but really quite different sounding. Definitely worth it to own both IMO.

1 Like

yup, both complement each other very well.

Would the Starsea be the next stop up from the blons?

Kbear KS1 is a decent set as well

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’d still take the BLON over the Starsea. If you like tighter bass though, Starsea would be better

3 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Hey, if you got the Excalibur/Oracle, can you confirm/deny if they use the same shell as the Mon/Clair?

Excalibur looks interesting to me, but the size might be too big (if they use the same shell as the Mon/Clair) for me.

4 Likes

The shells do appear different especially in this shot… They are available now.

The FR on these IEMs per their graphs differ from their big brothers. I was expecting them to attempt to tune them as similarly as possible with less drivers. It appears they have less gain/contrast in general.

The Excalibur should be tuned more like the Clairvoyance and the Oracle appears to be tuned more similarly to the Monarch. Actually the FR on the Oracle appears very similar to the Mangird Tea.

1 Like