Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Since they’re both priced lower than Monarch/Clair, does that mean they’re also rank lower?
Damn, I’m now contemplating to go for Tea+Lokahi or buy Oracle

It’s all subjective. If the shells are smaller, that’s going to be a huge plus for most. The shells on the flagships had so many drivers, the shells were quite large making them difficult for many to fit, if not impossible.

My theory on these IEMs are that they obviously use less drivers, incorporate the new DD that was first put into the L4 (I’m guessing) making the IEM less warm sounding and more neutral and will be mass produced instead of hand made and individually tested for consistency. Thieaudio have had a horrible time keeping up with the demand for the Monarch and Clairvoyance because they are hand made and individually tested. Mass production and a lower cost with higher profit margins seem like the perfect solution for them with these new IEMs and will hopefully help them catch up on the demand for the flagships.

3 Likes

It’s a different DD from what’s in the L4; The L4 has an 8mm, these are 10mm. Same material/tech though, AFAIK.
@igor0203 I would definitely wait until we get some reviews and time for hype to die down before taking any leaps, these could end up being the real deal (and may even supplant the Mon/Clair).

2 Likes

Easier said than done lol

I hope I’ll behave for the next few weeks

Sweet. Thanks for the info. So in general, their newer DD’s (L3 vs L4) sound less warm in general.

Or… Be the only choice for those with smaller ears & wallets. :slight_smile:

yup, Its possible to save up money, but not to enlarge my ears lol. :joy:

1 Like

I apologize to give anyone false hope for the shell size. I just checked Thieaudio’s discord and they aren’t saying the shells are smaller. They are saying they “might” be since so many were hoping that would be the case. lol! But as you can see from this image, they are just about identical. :frowning:

They also reversed the faceplate colors (warm/cold) for some weird reason.

3 Likes

Well, saves me some cash I guess. :smiley:

Sorry bro. :cry: I’d have you over in a heartbeat for a listening session with the flagships if you lived near me, or in my country even. I think we’d have a blast.

1 Like

yeah, not a lot of audiophiles here in sweden. :sob:

1 Like

You live in the country of IMO the best metal bands ever.

Evergrey is my favorite band of all time. Tom Englund is IMO the best metal vocalist I’ve ever heard.
OPETH - nuff said.

There have gotta be a few audiophiles over there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only listened to “Dead by april” when it comes to Swedish bands. :joy:

(and maybe ABBA and some other stuff on the radio I guess.)

1 Like

Doing more reading and this is getting strange, strange, strange! What are you doing Theiaudio???

" Rene F
from our in-house reviewer the comments is that the excalibur is an even leaner version of the monarch
while oracle is more tuned to sound a little bit more like v14/L9

or at least that was on the initial version i heard, those graphs don’t match that description anymore

haha"

“Rene F
now it looks like excalibur is the L9/V14 tribrid version
and oracle is the one closer to clairvoyance/monarch”

“excalibur is the L9/V14 tribrid version” SERIOUSLY? Your two worst tuned IEMs Thieaudio? WHY???

You also really can’t have 1 IEM that’s “close” to both the Monarch and Clairvoyance. They are quite different sounding IEMs. It’s either one or the other. I guess I can’t take anything seriously from the Linsoul Discord mods even.

Guess its better to wait for someone to actually come out with impressions.

You’re missing out. I’d love to be in Sweden just for the music.

I am also a fan.
dead

2 Likes

In Flames.

1 Like

Anything else potentially big coming out soon, besides Exc/Ora under $1K? Not in a rush. Yet. :slight_smile:

Fiio FH5s maybe

5 Likes

New tuning information from Linsoul concerning the new twins…

“Excalibur is v14 (anole vx) style tuned.” “Excalibur seems closer to the anole vx than what the v14 managed to do.”

“Oracle is leaner Monarch.”

“Oracle is not close to Clair, just a Monarch with less treble.”

3 Likes

@hawaiibadboy
Hi bro,
could you make a comparison
A30Pro vs Jotunheim 2 ?
in sound quality,

thank you, :pray:

1 Like