Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Aaaaaaand… My wallet is already crying. They look good

1 Like

5 Likes

LOL that little girl gif cracks me up everytime.
Not saying I have snorted fat lines of cocaine but yeah…feels like she looks :sweat_smile:

I expect good things. Mangird was a out of nowhere smash hit.
They better not do what ikko just did and hurt their image.

5 Likes

Mangird XENNS UP is arrived DD+4BA+2EST

Shuoer EJ07M v Thieaudii Oracle v Mangird XENNS UP

Tribrid season in full effect! :popcorn:

1 Like

Yup. As of June 25 ,2021 2:13P.M. (J.S.T)- :sweat_smile:

Sub $1000

Oracle or Clair >EJ07 > Monarch > Variations > Excalibur > EST112

$1000+

JQ White Knight > AAW Canary > ODIN

With 07M and Mangirds tribrid about to drop into the battle

*MEST is a quadbrid and is beyond all the above mentioned sets IMO and based on my library

9 Likes

So you prefer variations to monarch? Interesting :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, what would be your ranking for single DD IEMs? I remember hearing good things about the IE900!

I had the original twins before anyone. Monarch taught me how much mid bass is crucial for my library or atleast that too much sub bass and lack of mid bass was noticable. Monarch is better at details so I’ll edit that list but that profile …2 sets now confirm what Monarch 1st showed me

2 Likes

IE900 or illumination are tops IMO

1 Like

Thanks for the thought. Any chance you might consider looking into ISN EST50?

1 Like

Sure, it’s going to be a tri-brid matsuri soon :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re the man! Not gonna lie, my expectations go into mangird up, since i love the teas. Hoping they are teas with extra sugar :joy:

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t see previous post @Aramaki @paulwasabii
Don’t be Angry with a newbie :joy:

1 Like

So I bought the Venture Electronics VE BIE pro thanks to @hawaiibadboy because I needed a bass canon (I find the Clair lacking in the sub-bass department and perfect in everything above that), still trying them out but just look at everything they put in the box lol - AN EXTRA SET OF MONK EARPHONES :smiley:

Think I’ll give those to my brother who hates in-ear anything, these he won’t have to stuff in his ears

4 Likes

With a FR that similar to the Monarch and the Blessing 2 shell that fits me perfectly, had to. Crin also mentioned that the Variations has a bit more slam than the B2 which was a nice surprise. Really looking forward to hearing this and possibly having a similar IEM to the Monarch that won’t squeeze its way out of my left ear.

Glad Lee took care of you. :+1:
He’s a solid dude

1 Like

Bass - No contest here. The extremely boosted sub-bass combined with a pulled in midbass creating a bubble wreaks havoc on 4 string bass lines and gives replay to classic hip hop like Geto Boys/2pac and modern joints by Nipsey and Kendrick (Money Trees) an odd replay on Variations. Oracle could use more slam however given my library the choice in this region is easy. The Variation 's Bass is half of the bass area and one side of a “V”
(Aside: When Linsoul was rolling out it’s well recieved (by some) “Monarch”, I was immediately struck by the bass tuning and others suggested adapters. It was obvious.I have never rec’d it. Variations is a less resolving Monarch…with rez being one of Monarchs best points)

Mids - This is much closer and citing things like a more relaxed gain on one making it better than the other is like pulling rabbits out the ass. Not the same mids but having O.C.D and trying…I find little real impact on my library here

Treble - Not much different here as well. Both sets have extension, are not obnoxious in the gain area and neither puts too much cut around 6Khz giving some treb sensitive folks relief.

Bass judged with
Black Sabbath “Sweet Leaf” 2:36 timestamp
Violent Femmes “Please do not Go” 2:19 -2:39 timestamp
2pac “Ambitionz az a Ridah”
Geto Boys “Still”
Pimp C “Comin up”
Massive Attack “Angel”

7 Likes