Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Bruh these waifus are getting out of hand :joy:

3 Likes

Is that the hybrid - DD plus Planar?

1 Like

Yes, think it is a 1/DD + 1/Planar :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Any word on pricing?

Believe $99 but not sure 100%

2 Likes

Happy St. Valentine’s Day!

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah but does it sound any better than the Shimin Li? And I sure hope they call it something else.

Definitely a better set than the original. @rattlingblanketwoman might dig this set

3 Likes

So you saying this one has bass! LOL

1 Like

:hear_no_evil:

Not Today Satan GIFs | Tenor

In all seriousness we’ll see… and it means a lot that you’re thinking about me when evaluating how something sounds! :heart_decoration:

5 Likes

Orchestra Lite → 8BA

9 Likes

I’m in the middle of watching your video, it’s full of useful notes and comparisons.

So far, purely based off FR which is only part of the picture, I would be wary of raising the 3k from what the Serial has (there and below can introduce consonant sibilance for me, vocalists enunciating ts/t/ch/z/s) especially with the slightly slightly lower sub bass.

Slam is always a good thing though.

8k could be purely resonance peak, but if it’s anything like the ISN H50 and others were it’s a legitimate tuning feature, I can find it puts too much emphasis on parts of percussion relative to the rest of the tuning…

EDIT: A hair added lower mid warmth is welcome. Still can’t work out why on FR alone I just really didn’t jive with the Cadenza, I guess that’s why it’s up there too.

6 Likes

Are you still doing a full meteor review or was your first impressions vid with the other 2 going to be it?

It was 1 of 2 in this vid

It will be in a vid after i get the STORM as well :v: :notes:

4 Likes

I’m really curious to see how good those monitors actually are.

Clean, dry, lacking in air but getting it back in good res/SQ at it’s price point.
They look nice too

Ultimate rebranding beating to stone cold death.

soulworker-lily

8 Likes

What would really help me get off the fence, is if the Shimin Li Encounter came in a “Crosby Sweater” variant. Maybe that’s all that’s lacking from the overall appeal for me.

9 Likes