Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

On a lighter note.

Having finally found my missing Simgot EA500 left bud, and with the arrival of the Moondrop and Yanchjim DSP cables plus the EA500 tuning kit, I feel a few days of playtime coming my way!!! I may finally get the Olina and Z12 to perform a more suitable listening experience for my preferences and library.

7 Likes

Good lord man, that is a lot of lights.

I am going with less is more this year. Last year, I think we were the only house on my block to put lights up. This year, I am going to scale back a bit, with lights around the entry and front porch, and these ( which were new for my wife’s birthday ).

6 Likes

Put those cables to work!!

3 Likes

giphyerty

2 Likes

lol ms dipple sux at madlibs.

3 Likes

Thanks to you know who you are :beers: to help stop the hustlers from hustling :dollar::dollar::dollar:

^^^ Chris you couldn’t make this shit up :smile:

4 Likes

Wuz kickin fellow addicts…just joined the ‘guide and wanna give a little shout out to everybody. Have the same set of 800sts’ for about 7 years now that I bought after seeing Chris on the 'tube when he was still wet behind the ears (how things have changed)…the seed got planted in my skull about a year ago and went full ballistic and swung for the fences with my first purchase…UM Mext Japanese version…and then my ledger started glowing with a
lot of red on it ever since. Anywho glad to be on board

11 Likes

Welcome on board bro!! :notes: :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Crazy yeah? They were the ones who got into a BOT war with KZ and won, and then explained to the owner rep how their program works …which they (KZ) copied.
Remember my post way back about Narrative control and messaging via comment sections on YT/FB Reddit and beyond? You just blocked them in progress. Congrats.

giphy (64)

Bravo @M0N and @Ohmboy :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Thanks my man🤛

1 Like

…my wife calls them ‘the Naziem’…lifelong member of the Axis Power

4 Likes

Thanks but it was a shame because the op inquiry was legit and the first few replies kosher, then somewhere down the line it was corrupted by those muppets…Did they really believe the mods on here are that stupid that we’d sit back and let them turn the thread into a meme and stealth spamming? Come on now…anyways it’s HiFiGone now and good riddance.

4 Likes

I got the chance to get my hands (finally) on a set of Olina SE thanks to the generous @rattlingblanketwoman

Everything as been said already and I agree with all of it: great details (especially for the price), great expansive stage, quality bass, enough sub-bass for modern music, great full and smooth vocals.
I will try one band PEQ around 4k to reduce the brightness.

For me and my library, it is not however a slam dunk as it can be a bit bright or fatiguing especially at higher volume. It is totally a library issue though because with my wife’s music (alt rock, indie rock, ballads, jazz) it totally rocks.

It also highlighted the short comings of my other favorite budget set the HeartMirror Zero. Bass, timbre, upper treble are not at the same level sadly :cry:

Great set HBB!

11 Likes

Why …yes…yes they did
They 100% thought you would calculate some kinda profit for this site and let it be, even if begrudgingly. OR…they already have financial ties with Z and figure this is his domain and you are too. If Z ever interfered on their behalf he’d kill this site…and Z is a lot of things but stupid as a cup of dirt is not 1 of those things.

Thanks. It has kept a steady sales since early summer. After the reviewers chirpped the consumers voted yes.
I lke the turtle :turtle:
I am very bias :turtle:

4 Likes

LOL…well she won’t borrow them from you then so…#winning :ok_hand: :wink:

Give the double filter mod a shot my man! :wink:

3 Likes

If that be true then they are way too arrogant and assume too much…you know what they say about assumptions they are the mother of all fuck ups lol…As I’ve said previously we only answer to Z and we can’t be bought, I agree it would be a massive mistake if Z did step in it would change the whole metric of this community and not in a good way imho, but at the end of the day that’s his call.

3 Likes

Did I miss some drama with HifiGo?

(you mention them offering incentives for positive feedback)

Just curious as they recently sent me a couple of things after like 2 years of no contact with them.

I linked the thread in question above if you scroll up you’ll see it and Chris’s take on it :+1:

1 Like

Ok thanks, I just wasn’t sure if something else had happened with the incentives thing.

1 Like